Sanofi (SNY), Regeneron (REGN) Initiate Several ODYSSEY Trials
- Facebook (FB) Set to Join the S&P 100 & 500; Alliance Data Systems (ADS) and Mohawk (MHK) to Join the S&P 500; Changes to the S&P MidCap 400 and the S&P SmallCap 600
- Market Wrap: Facebook is Movin' Up; Strong Start for IPO Autohome; Costco Slumps on Sales
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/11: (UNS) (PRTA) (FB) Higher; (IMUC) (ATHN) (SUNE) Lower (more...)
- William Blair's 2014 Top Midcap Picks
- Fortis to Acquire UNS Energy (UNS) for $60.25/Share
Sanofi (NYSE: SNY) and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: REGN) announced today that several trials within ODYSSEY, the Phase 3 clinical program of SAR236553/REGN727, have initiated patient enrollment. SAR236553/REGN727 is a potential first-in-class, subcutaneously administered, fully-human antibody that lowers low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol by targeting PCSK9 (proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9), an enzyme which binds LDL receptors, leading to their accelerated degradation and increased LDL-cholesterol (LDL-C) levels.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: ImmunoCellular (IMUC) Phase II Study Does Not Meet Survival Endpoint
- CytRx (CYTR) Reports Statistically Significant Results from Aldoxorubicin Phase 2b
- Orexigen (OREX) Announces Resubmission of Contrave NDA to U.S. FDA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!