Sanofi (SNY) Alerts Regeneron (REGN) of FDA Concerns Related to Sarilumab Manufacturing Facility
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Regeneron (Nasdaq: REGN) disclosed the following in a U.S. SEC filing on Friday:
Item 8.01 - Other Events.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Regeneron” or the “Company”) has been advised by its collaborator Sanofi that manufacturing deficiencies have been raised by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (the “FDA”) during a routine Current Good Manufacturing Practice (“CGMP”) inspection of a Sanofi manufacturing facility that conducts “fill and finish” activities for certain products, including sarilumab, an antibody to the interleukin-6 receptor (IL-6R) being developed by Regeneron in collaboration with Sanofi. Sanofi has provided comprehensive responses to the FDA for the cited deficiencies and has been in discussions with the FDA. Given that the CGMP status of this facility is under review by the FDA, it is unclear whether or how this situation may impact the timing of the potential approval of sarilumab by the FDA. The sarilumab active pharmaceutical ingredient is manufactured by the Company at its Rensselaer, New York facility. The FDA has completed a pre-approval inspection of Regeneron’s sarilumab manufacturing facility. No Form 483 was issued in connection with the inspection, which is the form used if the FDA investigators have observed any conditions that in their judgement may constitute a violation of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and related acts. The sarilumab Biologics License Application continues to be under active review by the FDA, with an expected action date of October 30, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Atkore International Group (ATKR) Files 8M Share Common Stock Shelf for Shareholder
- Fairmount Santrol (FMSA) Pirices Larger 20M Share Stock Offering for Proceeds of $175M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!