Sanofi (SNY) Alerts Regeneron (REGN) of FDA Concerns Related to Sarilumab Manufacturing Facility
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Regeneron (Nasdaq: REGN) disclosed the following in a U.S. SEC filing on Friday:
Item 8.01 - Other Events.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Regeneron” or the “Company”) has been advised by its collaborator Sanofi that manufacturing deficiencies have been raised by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (the “FDA”) during a routine Current Good Manufacturing Practice (“CGMP”) inspection of a Sanofi manufacturing facility that conducts “fill and finish” activities for certain products, including sarilumab, an antibody to the interleukin-6 receptor (IL-6R) being developed by Regeneron in collaboration with Sanofi. Sanofi has provided comprehensive responses to the FDA for the cited deficiencies and has been in discussions with the FDA. Given that the CGMP status of this facility is under review by the FDA, it is unclear whether or how this situation may impact the timing of the potential approval of sarilumab by the FDA. The sarilumab active pharmaceutical ingredient is manufactured by the Company at its Rensselaer, New York facility. The FDA has completed a pre-approval inspection of Regeneron’s sarilumab manufacturing facility. No Form 483 was issued in connection with the inspection, which is the form used if the FDA investigators have observed any conditions that in their judgement may constitute a violation of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and related acts. The sarilumab Biologics License Application continues to be under active review by the FDA, with an expected action date of October 30, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Seanergy Maritime (SHIP) Prices 10M Common Shares, Warrants Offering for Proceeds of ~$15M
- Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP) Files $750M Common Units Shelf
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!