Sanofi (SNY) Alerts Regeneron (REGN) of FDA Concerns Related to Sarilumab Manufacturing Facility
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Regeneron (Nasdaq: REGN) disclosed the following in a U.S. SEC filing on Friday:
Item 8.01 - Other Events.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Regeneron” or the “Company”) has been advised by its collaborator Sanofi that manufacturing deficiencies have been raised by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (the “FDA”) during a routine Current Good Manufacturing Practice (“CGMP”) inspection of a Sanofi manufacturing facility that conducts “fill and finish” activities for certain products, including sarilumab, an antibody to the interleukin-6 receptor (IL-6R) being developed by Regeneron in collaboration with Sanofi. Sanofi has provided comprehensive responses to the FDA for the cited deficiencies and has been in discussions with the FDA. Given that the CGMP status of this facility is under review by the FDA, it is unclear whether or how this situation may impact the timing of the potential approval of sarilumab by the FDA. The sarilumab active pharmaceutical ingredient is manufactured by the Company at its Rensselaer, New York facility. The FDA has completed a pre-approval inspection of Regeneron’s sarilumab manufacturing facility. No Form 483 was issued in connection with the inspection, which is the form used if the FDA investigators have observed any conditions that in their judgement may constitute a violation of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and related acts. The sarilumab Biologics License Application continues to be under active review by the FDA, with an expected action date of October 30, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bill Barrett Corporation (BBG) Entered Confidentiality Agreement with Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Pertaining to BCEI's Chapter 11 Proceeding
- Spirit Airlines (SAVE) Offers Update on Q4 and FY17 Guidance
- XOMA (XOMA) Says Servier Agreed to Amend Terms of Loan Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!