Sangamo Biosciences (SGMO) Announces ZFN-Mediated Genome Editing Program for Hemoglobinopathie Will Transfer to Bioverativ (BIIB)
- Wall Street set to open flat as investors test rally
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
- Oil slips on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/07: (EMKR) (PLAY) (WDC) Higher; (SIGM) (AVAV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Sangamo BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: SGMO) announced that its collaborative zinc finger nuclease (ZFN)-mediated genome editing program for hemoglobinopathies will transfer to Bioverativ.
"Our collaboration with Biogen has been very successful, and we are delighted that these programs will be transitioning to Bioverativ," said Sandy Macrae, M.B., Ch.B., Ph.D., Sangamo's president and chief executive officer. "We believe that the incorporation of these programs into the Bioverativ pipeline will further progress the development of these potentially life-changing therapeutics."
"We are excited to add Sangamo's ZFN genome editing programs for sickle cell disease and beta-thalassemia to our pipeline, which will be focused on areas of significant unmet medical need in rare blood disorders," said John G. Cox, chief executive officer of Bioverativ, and Biogen's former executive vice president, pharmaceutical operations & technology. "We look forward to working with Sangamo to advance these important programs."
In 2014, Sangamo and Biogen entered into an exclusive worldwide research, development and commercialization collaboration and license agreement under which both companies agreed to develop and commercialize therapeutic genome editing products for the potential treatment of two inherited blood disorders, sickle cell disease and beta-thalassemia. Bioverativ, the planned spin-off of Biogen's hemophilia business, is on track to launch as an independent, publicly-traded biotechnology company in early 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Linde to Resume Talks with Praxair (PX); Appoints Belloni as CEO
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR) Updates on Imaging Components Business Separation; Will Receive ~$200M
- Gulfport Energy (GPOR) Announces $87M Acquisition of Monroe County Acreage
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!