Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Director Ritte to Retire
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Sanderson Farms, Inc. (Nasdaq: SAFM) announced that Charles W. (“Tex”) Ritter, Jr. has informed the Company that he will retire from the Sanderson Farms’ Board of Directors when his current term ends at the 2017 annual shareholders’ meeting.
“Tex Ritter joined Sanderson Farms’ Board of Directors in 1988 and is the longest serving Board member,” stated Joe F. Sanderson, Jr., chairman and chief executive officer of Sanderson Farms, Inc. “He has been a valued advisor to Sanderson Farms for many years, and the Company has experienced tremendous success and growth under his 28 years of leadership. Not only has his advice and counsel as a Board member and Chairman of the Audit Committee contributed to the Company’s success, but the example in leadership, integrity and honesty he provides all of us has set a tone for the entire Company. Tex knew the Company’s founders well, and he embodied their spirit, principles and ethics in his leadership on our Board. We thank him for his service to Sanderson Farms and for his contributions to building long-term shareholder value. We will miss his good humor, keen business insight, and the historical perspective he provided as a Board member. On a personal note, I will miss his wise counsel and advice, his wit and his generosity, and I wish him a long and satisfying retirement with his wife Carolyn, their children and grandchildren.”
Mr. Ritter previously served as President and Director of the Attala Company from 1967 until his retirement in 1992. Mr. Ritter retired as a director of First M&F Corp. and Merchants and Farmers Bank in Kosciusko, Mississippi, in 2011.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- W. P. Carey (WPC) COO/Head of Asset Management Thomas Zacharias to Retire
- Burlington Stores (BURL) Director Cooper Resigns
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!