Sallie Mae (SLM) Sells $3.8 billion in Student Loan Assets
- Apple (AAPL) Will Replace AT&T (T) in the Dow Jones Industrial Average
- Change in Nonfarm Payrolls 295K vs 235K Expected
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 03/06: (CALA) (LTM) (AAPL) Higher; (SSH) (CKP) (CNAT) Lower (more...)
- Fed Stress Test Shows all 31 Banks Exceed Minimum Requirements (JPM) (GS) (MS) (WFC) (BAC)
- Staples (SPLS) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Comps Fell 1%
Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM), formally SLM Corporation, today announced that it has sold the residual interest in its SLM Student Loan Trust 2007-4 securitization to a third party. Sallie Mae will continue to service the student loans in the trust under existing agreements. The sale will remove student loan assets of $3.8 billion and related liabilities of $3.7 billion from Sallie Mae’s balance sheet. The gain from the transaction will add $.08 to Sallie Mae’s 2013 GAAP and core earnings per share.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Foot Locker (FL) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c
- Dynamic Materials (BOOM) Cites Accounting Errors for Delay of Q4, FY14 Report
- Coffee Holding Co. (JVA) Reports Q4 EPS of $0.01
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!