Sallie Mae (SLM) Sells $3.8 billion in Student Loan Assets
- OPEC Maintains Oil Production Target
- Oil Stocks Hammered as OPEC Maintains Production Target, Airlines Gain (XOM) (BP) (LUV) (HAL)
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 11/28: Airlines, Cruise Operators Rally (UAL, DAL, RCL); Oil Stocks Plunge (OXY, CVX, XOM)
- Apple (AAPL) Weaker as iPhone Chip Orders Said to Be Slowing Down
- Piper Jaffray Retail Analysts Provide Initial Thoughts on Early Black Friday Activity
Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM), formally SLM Corporation, today announced that it has sold the residual interest in its SLM Student Loan Trust 2007-4 securitization to a third party. Sallie Mae will continue to service the student loans in the trust under existing agreements. The sale will remove student loan assets of $3.8 billion and related liabilities of $3.7 billion from Sallie Mae’s balance sheet. The gain from the transaction will add $.08 to Sallie Mae’s 2013 GAAP and core earnings per share.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deere & Co. (DE) Tops Q4 EPS by 26c
- Infoblox (BLOX) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c; Appoints New CEO
- Piper Jaffray Sees Strong Holiday Sales for GoPro (GPRO) and Upside to Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!