Sallie Mae (SLM) Sells $3.8 billion in Student Loan Assets
- Market Wrap: Charter, Time Warner Cable Make it Official; Durable Orders Fell in April; Planet Fitness Looks to Go Public
- Charter Communications (CHTR) to Acquire Time Warner Cable (TWC) for ~$196/Share in Cash, Stock
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/26: (EOX) (FPRX) (TIVO) Higher; (VNET) (WDAY) (COT) Lower (more...)
- VR/AR Shift Could Be Bigger Than Desktop to Mobile Shift, Macquarie Says (GOOG) (GOOGL) (FB); 'No one wants to be the Blackberry of the next platform shift'
- Eminence Capital Shows New 5.1% Stake in YELP, Inc. (YELP)
Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM), formally SLM Corporation, today announced that it has sold the residual interest in its SLM Student Loan Trust 2007-4 securitization to a third party. Sallie Mae will continue to service the student loans in the trust under existing agreements. The sale will remove student loan assets of $3.8 billion and related liabilities of $3.7 billion from Sallie Mae’s balance sheet. The gain from the transaction will add $.08 to Sallie Mae’s 2013 GAAP and core earnings per share.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nimble Storage (NMBL) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
- TiVo (TIVO) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c; Guides Q2 Revenue Ahead of Expectations
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!