Sallie Mae (SLM) Sells $3.8 billion in Student Loan Assets
- Herbalife (HLF) Confirms FTC Civil Investigation
- Microsoft (MSFT) Names ValueAct's Morfit to Board
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/12: (OXGN) (EPL) (MTEX) Higher; (GERN) (HDY) (CNTF) Lower
- Microsoft (MSFT), Apple (AAPL) Top List as U.S. Offshore Corp. Cash Pile Swells
- Energy XXI (EXXI) to Acquire EPL Oil & Gas (EPL) in $2.3B Deal
Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM), formally SLM Corporation, today announced that it has sold the residual interest in its SLM Student Loan Trust 2007-4 securitization to a third party. Sallie Mae will continue to service the student loans in the trust under existing agreements. The sale will remove student loan assets of $3.8 billion and related liabilities of $3.7 billion from Sallie Mae’s balance sheet. The gain from the transaction will add $.08 to Sallie Mae’s 2013 GAAP and core earnings per share.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sallie Mae: Don’t forget to claim college tax credits and deductions
- BioMarin's (BMRN) VIMIZIM Receives FDA Priority Review Voucher
- Tesla (TSLA): 'Defending Innovation and Consumer Choice in New Jersey'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!