Sallie Mae (SLM) Sells $3.8 billion in Student Loan Assets
- Actavis (ACT) Made Offer and Still Interested in Deal with Allergan (AGN) - WSJ; Allergan Focuses on Salix Pharma (SLXP) Takeover
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 9/23: (RWLK) (TKMR) (SLXP) Higher; (ASNA) (KMX) (AVNR) Lower (more...)
- CF Industries (CF) Affirms Merger Talks with Yara Int'l
- Carmax (KMX) Posts Q2 EPS of 70c
- Tekmira Pharmaceuticals (TKMR) Adds to Gains on Overnight Ebola Developments
Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM), formally SLM Corporation, today announced that it has sold the residual interest in its SLM Student Loan Trust 2007-4 securitization to a third party. Sallie Mae will continue to service the student loans in the trust under existing agreements. The sale will remove student loan assets of $3.8 billion and related liabilities of $3.7 billion from Sallie Mae’s balance sheet. The gain from the transaction will add $.08 to Sallie Mae’s 2013 GAAP and core earnings per share.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Acacia Research (ACTG) Unit, Nikon Enter Patent Settlement, License Agreement
- MagneGas (MNGA) Gains; New York City's Fire Department in Final Testing to Use MagneGas
- Novavax (NVAX) Enters Contract Modification with BARDA Covering Flu Vaccines, Manufacturing Capability
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!