STAAR Surgical (STAA) Enters Strategic Agreement with Turkey-Based World Eye Hospital Group
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
STAAR Surgical Company (Nasdaq: STAA) and World Eye Hospital Group headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey, announced that they have entered into an agreement to provide STAAR's EVO Visian ICL® intraocular lenses as a primary and premium option for refractive eye treatment.
"World Eye Hospital Group (Dünya Göz) is pleased to enter into this Strategic Cooperation Agreement with STAAR Surgical. As the largest refractive eye surgery provider in Turkey and Southeast Europe, the primary goal of this agreement is to expand and provide our patients with vision treatment services with the EVO Visian ICL technology to reduce or correct myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism with an outstanding vision care treatment. We have made the decision to offer the EVO lenses to all of our mid-to-high myopic patients as a premium procedure. We look forward to the co-marketing, branding, clinical validation, surgeon education and patient education plans we have agreed to implement with STAAR which will support our objective of a substantial increase in EVO refractive procedures," said Mr. Adem Esgün, Vice Chairman of The Board of World Eye Hospital Group.
"World Eye Hospital Group's Head of Refractive Surgery, Dr. Efekan Çoşkunseven, is a renowned EVO ICL surgeon and will become the lead trainer for Southeastern Europe as part of the overall agreement. EVO ICL clinical user's meetings and regional research studies will enhance the development of clinical validation and new product opportunities for STAAR and World Eye Hospital Group in refractive surgery. Practice and business development support will be foundational in this partnership," said Caren Mason, President & CEO of STAAR.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!