SPI Energy (SPI) Enters $100M of Common Stock Purchase Agreements at $0.259/Share
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall Street, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
SPI Energy Co., Ltd. (Nasdaq: SPI) announced the entry into of purchase agreements with certain existing shareholders (including certain key management personnel of the Company) and other investors to issue and sell ordinary shares of the Company (the "Shares") to the Purchasers at a price of US$0.259 per Share (US$2.59 per ADS), for a total consideration of approximately US$100 million (the "Private Placement"). In addition, the Purchasers are subjected to a 180 days lock-up period after the closing of the Private Placement.
Net proceeds from the Private Placement are intended to be used for expansion of SPI Energy's global PV project activities and general corporate purposes.
The Private Placement is subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions. The Purchasers have the right to terminate the Agreements if the share issuances contemplated under the respective Agreements have not been completed by December 22, 2016.
The Company will grant to those investors options to purchase ordinary shares at the same price within two years.
The Shares are being offered and sold solely to non-U.S. persons, on a private placement basis in reliance upon Regulation S promulgated under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Northwest Biotherapeutics (NWBO) Enters $5M Common Stock Registered Direct Offering
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB) Prelim. Q3 Results Miss Expectations
- Sunovion Pharma Completes Acquisition of Cynapsus Therapeutics (CYNA)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!