SMART Technologies (SMT) Sees Extension of Closing Date on Foxconn Arrangement
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- US Drone Market Could Reach 6 Million By 2019 - Oppenheimer
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
SMART Technologies Inc. (Nasdaq: SMT) provides the following update on its previously announced arrangement involving Foxconn Technology Group ("Foxconn") and the shareholders of the Company pursuant to a plan of arrangement under the Business Corporations Act (Alberta) (the "Arrangement").
All conditions to closing of the Arrangement pursuant to the arrangement agreement dated as of May 26, 2016 between SMART and Foxconn (the "Arrangement Agreement") capable of being satisfied prior to closing have been satisfied. The parties are in the process of negotiating a short extension to the closing date contemplated under the Arrangement Agreement to facilitate funding of the cash consideration payable by Foxconn under the Arrangement. SMART anticipates closing of the Arrangement will occur by no later than September 14, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- /R E P E A T -- Sierra Metals announces filing of preliminary prospectus relating to Cautivo Mining Inc. Spin-Off and rights offering/
- McKesson (MCK) Confirms $150M DoJ Settlement
- PayPal (PYPL) Names Belinda Johnson to Board, Increasing Board Size to 10
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!