SJW Corp. (SJW) Enters Settlement with ADOT; Sees Net Gain on Property Condemnation
- Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SJW Corp. (NYSE: SJW) disclosed the following in a U.S. SEC filing on Friday:
Item 8.01: Other Events.
As previously disclosed in SJW Corp.’s Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2016, SJW Land Company (the “Company”), a wholly owned subsidiary of SJW Corp., was notified by the Arizona Department of Transportation (“ADOT”) in 2015 that in order to achieve their plan to develop a new highway extension, ADOT, in conjunction with the Federal Highway Commission, would be exercising their powers of eminent domain to acquire the Company’s warehouse building located in Phoenix Arizona. The Company reached a settlement with ADOT of $20 million on the property value. Title to the property transferred to ADOT on October 13, 2016 upon the recording of the court’s Final Order of Condemnation. SJW Corp. expects to record a gain, net of tax and expenses, on the property condemnation of approximately $5.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Philip Morris (PM) Discloses Formal Probe Related to PM Thailand in 10-Q Filing
- CTI BioPharma (CTIC), Baxalta Terminate Pacritinib Licensing Agreement (SHPG)
- Energy Hunter Resources (EHX) Files for Proposed IPO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!