SJW Corp. (SJW) Enters Settlement with ADOT; Sees Net Gain on Property Condemnation
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
SJW Corp. (NYSE: SJW) disclosed the following in a U.S. SEC filing on Friday:
Item 8.01: Other Events.
As previously disclosed in SJW Corp.’s Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2016, SJW Land Company (the “Company”), a wholly owned subsidiary of SJW Corp., was notified by the Arizona Department of Transportation (“ADOT”) in 2015 that in order to achieve their plan to develop a new highway extension, ADOT, in conjunction with the Federal Highway Commission, would be exercising their powers of eminent domain to acquire the Company’s warehouse building located in Phoenix Arizona. The Company reached a settlement with ADOT of $20 million on the property value. Title to the property transferred to ADOT on October 13, 2016 upon the recording of the court’s Final Order of Condemnation. SJW Corp. expects to record a gain, net of tax and expenses, on the property condemnation of approximately $5.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Franklin Street Properties (FSP) Acquires Denver-Located Dominion Towers
- MyoKardia (MYOK) Receives $25M Milestone Related to MYK-491 Development (SNY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!