SIGA Technologies (SIGA) Says Bankruptcy Court Approves Transaction to Pay PharmAthene Claim in Full
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
SIGA Technologies, Inc. (SIGA) (OTCMKTS: SIGA),SIGA Technologies, Inc., a company specializing in the commercialization of solutions for serious unmet medical needs and biothreats, announced today that the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York (the “Bankruptcy Court”) today entered an order approving SIGA’s proposed transaction under Option 1 of the Debtor’s Third Amended Chapter 11 Plan, dated April 7, 2016, under which SIGA will pay PharmAthene the entire balance of the outstanding judgment on or before November 30, 2016. A copy of the Order, as entered by the Bankruptcy Court, can be found at https://cases.primeclerk.com/siga/.
“We are pleased the Bankruptcy Court has approved SIGA’s proposed transaction. We look forward to continuing to grow our business by delivering on our contracts with the U.S. Government and advancing the ongoing clinical trials of TPOXX with the goal of FDA approval,” said Eric Rose, Chairman and CEO, SIGA Technologies, Inc.
Last month, SIGA announced completion of enrollment and dosing in the second and final cohort of healthy subjects for the Phase III clinical study for its lead drug candidate, TPOXX™ (tecovirimat), for the treatment of orthopoxvirus infections. There were no drug-related Serious Adverse Events reported through 14 days of dosing, and 14 days of additional follow up. This final cohort of the Phase III pivotal safety study was conducted at eleven approved clinical investigation sites in a total of approximately 380 subjects.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Dynegy (DYN) Subsidiary Genco Files for Court Approval of Prepackaged Reorganization Plan
- Network-1 Technologies (NTIP) Approves Initial 5c Semi-Annual Dividend
- VirnetX Holding (VHC) Disappointed on Federal Circuit's Decisions; Positive on Dissenter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!