SGOCO Group (SGOC) Signs BocaPCM-TES Contract
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SGOCO Group, Ltd. (Nasdaq: SGOC) today announced that BOCA International Limited ("BOCA"), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, has signed a BocaPCM-TES Contract (the "Contract") with Differ Commercial Management Ltd. ("Differ"). Pursuant to the Contract, BOCA will supply and install a set of BocaPCM-TES to Differ in Xiamen City, China, for RMB 23.6 million (approximately $3.4 million).
BocaPCM-TES uses a salt based aqueous solution that is environmentally friendly, which allows the freezing point and solidification point of the eutectic salts to be manipulated to desired temperature. The system have similar characteristics as ice or water thermal energy storage systems, however it allows a wider range of temperature for the solidification process. BocaPCM-TES allows an even and controllable energy usage, drawing energy from the storage directly during peak hour, which ultimately reduces the operating costs.
As a company committed to environmentally friendly energy-saving products, Boca will install BocaPCM-TES for Differ real estate projects by using optimal control methods that most likely will cut the power usage in half, which will also reduce power facilities investment and construction costs for Differ as well as benefit the community with lower energy consumption and costs.
BOCA has successfully installed and operated BocaPCM-TES for a number of real estate projects worldwide, including the United Kingdom, Italy, Australia, Malaysia and Hong Kong. Regarding this new project of BOCA which the Company acquired at the end of last year, Mr. Shi-Bin Xie, Chief Executive Officer of SGOCO, commented, "We are pleased to see the initial results of the integration of Boca and transformation of the Company to the energy saving and environmental protection business. The company will continue its efforts to further develop such new business and achieve our goals. And now, we are happy to enter into the energy saving market in mainland China through this Contract."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Allergan (AGN) Enters DELZICOL Patent Settlement Agreement
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!