S&P Global (SPGI) Announces Completion of $1.1B J.D. Power Sale
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI) announced it has completed the sale of J.D. Power to XIO Group, a global alternative investments firm.
As announced on April 15, 2016, the sale price was $1.1 billion.
J.D. Power is a global marketing information services company providing performance improvement, social media and customer satisfaction insights and solutions.
In connection with the closing, S&P Global announced that it has entered into an accelerated share repurchase (ASR) agreement with Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC to repurchase $750 million of its outstanding common stock. The final settlement of the transaction under the ASR agreement is expected to be completed no later than the first quarter of 2017. The ASR is part of the Company's share repurchase program authorizing the repurchase of up to 50 million shares, as previously announced on December 4, 2013.
"These transactions underscore our enduring commitment to building shareholder value," said Douglas L. Peterson, President and CEO of S&P Global.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Keane Group (FRAC) IPO Opens Up 16%
- DryShips (DRYS) Acquires Its First VLGC With 5 Year Time Charter Attached to Oil Major
- Bioptix (BIOP) to Terminate Some Employees Associated with Acquisition of its Subsidiary
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Standard & Poor's, Stock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!