S&P Global (SPGI) Announces Completion of $1.1B J.D. Power Sale
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI) announced it has completed the sale of J.D. Power to XIO Group, a global alternative investments firm.
As announced on April 15, 2016, the sale price was $1.1 billion.
J.D. Power is a global marketing information services company providing performance improvement, social media and customer satisfaction insights and solutions.
In connection with the closing, S&P Global announced that it has entered into an accelerated share repurchase (ASR) agreement with Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC to repurchase $750 million of its outstanding common stock. The final settlement of the transaction under the ASR agreement is expected to be completed no later than the first quarter of 2017. The ASR is part of the Company's share repurchase program authorizing the repurchase of up to 50 million shares, as previously announced on December 4, 2013.
"These transactions underscore our enduring commitment to building shareholder value," said Douglas L. Peterson, President and CEO of S&P Global.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- S&P Global (SPGI) Declares $0.36 Quarterly Dividend; 1.2% Yield
- Pinnacle Foods (PF) Names New Corp. Development SVP
- ZTO Express (ZTO) IPO Opens Lower
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Standard & Poor's, Stock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!