Roche (RHHBY) Expands Distribution Agreement with Merck KGaA to Include qPCR, endpoint PCR Portfolios
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Roche (OTC: RHHBY) announced an expansion of their distribution alliance with the life science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, to now include the qPCR and endpoint PCR portfolios1 from Kapa Biosystems. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany operates as MilliporeSigma in the US and Canada. Kapa Biosystems was previously acquired by Roche in December of 2015.
The agreement will strengthen Roche's existing distribution relationship with Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and allow customers broad access to these products through its strong distribution channels. The distribution agreement includes all geographies except the US, Japan and Brazil. It does not include Kapa's Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) products. The NGS portfolio remains a strong complement to the offering of Roche Sequencing Solutions and will continue to be made available through Roche.
The novel PCR enzymes offered under the distribution agreement have high tolerance to common PCR inhibitors, thereby increasing speed and specific activity, and improving fidelity. These characteristics enable high quality results and improved workflows.2
"This agreement represents a powerful combination of Kapa's high-quality PCR and qPCR products with the excellent e-commerce and distribution channels of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany," said Uwe Oberlander, Head of Roche Molecular Diagnostics. "We believe this partnership will provide improved access to these products for researchers in many countries around the world."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Appoints Christopher Forsythe to CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!