Roche (RHHBY) Expands Distribution Agreement with Merck KGaA to Include qPCR, endpoint PCR Portfolios
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Roche (OTC: RHHBY) announced an expansion of their distribution alliance with the life science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, to now include the qPCR and endpoint PCR portfolios1 from Kapa Biosystems. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany operates as MilliporeSigma in the US and Canada. Kapa Biosystems was previously acquired by Roche in December of 2015.
The agreement will strengthen Roche's existing distribution relationship with Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and allow customers broad access to these products through its strong distribution channels. The distribution agreement includes all geographies except the US, Japan and Brazil. It does not include Kapa's Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) products. The NGS portfolio remains a strong complement to the offering of Roche Sequencing Solutions and will continue to be made available through Roche.
The novel PCR enzymes offered under the distribution agreement have high tolerance to common PCR inhibitors, thereby increasing speed and specific activity, and improving fidelity. These characteristics enable high quality results and improved workflows.2
"This agreement represents a powerful combination of Kapa's high-quality PCR and qPCR products with the excellent e-commerce and distribution channels of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany," said Uwe Oberlander, Head of Roche Molecular Diagnostics. "We believe this partnership will provide improved access to these products for researchers in many countries around the world."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
- Xerox Corp. (XRX) Appoints New, Post-Separation CFO
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Announces Filing Regulatory Submission with EMA for FF/UMEC/VI as COPD Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!