Rexahn Pharma (RNN) Submits IND for RX-5902 to FDA
- Sysco (SYY) to Acquire US Foods in $3.5B Deal
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/09: (HIHO) (GIVN) (PRAN) Higher; (OSIS) (GNE) (CRIS) Lower
- Covidien (COV) to Acquire Given Imaging (GIVN) for $30/Share
- Engaged Capital Unsettled by Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) Jeffries Re-Signing, Considering All Options
- China Mobile (CHL) May Start Taking Apple (AAPL) iPhone Preorders This Week
Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AMEX: RNN), has submitted an investigational new drug application (IND) to the Food and Drug Administration for a first-in-human study of RX-5902 to treat advanced or metastatic solid tumors. RX-5902 is a first-in-class small molecule that inhibits the phosphorylated p68 RNA helicase, a protein that plays a key role in cancer growth, progression and metastasis. The phosphorylated form of p68 RNA helicase is only present in cancer cells and is absent in normal cells.
You May Also Be Interested In
- TherapeuticsMD (TXMD) Receives Notice of Allowance for '002 Patent
- ImmunoGen (IMGN) Updates on SAR3419 + Rituxan as DLBCL Treatment
- Immunomedics (IMMU) Issues Encouraging Update for Veltuzumab in Relapsed ITP
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!