Resonant (RESN) Enters Development Agreement with RA, Switches Supplier
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Resonant Inc. (Nasdaq: RESN) announced it has signed a new development agreement with a supplier of power amplifiers (PA) and switches for handset RFFE’s.
The agreement encompasses the development of Resonant’s second Quadplexer and is the first engagement with a company that doesn’t own its own fab, making this development similar to the fabless model traditionally used in the production of semiconductors. This agreement will enable the customer to evaluate Resonant’s ability to utilize its design tools, IP and services team to design and partner with a third party fab to deliver this complex Quadplexer. Upfront payments and milestone payments have been agreed upon, but will not be disclosed due to the confidential nature of such agreements.
“Our fifth customer to sign a development agreement with us is a leading RFFE supplier and a new entrant to the filter market,” said Terry Lingren, CEO and Co-Founder of Resonant Inc. “This development project will be designed and manufactured in close cooperation with one of Resonant’s existing foundry partners, which we believe will provide this customer with a significant competitive advantage. Quadplexers enable carrier aggregation (CA), where multiple frequency bands are combined for higher data rates – a key feature of LTE-Advanced. However, the design complexity for these multiplexers is dramatically increased, which has so far limited quadplexer availability. Quadplexers in a small footprint are being driven by the ongoing demand for smaller, lighter and thinner mobile devices with increasing video and other high data-rate capabilities.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
- Cardiome Pharma (CRME) Announces Early Launch of XYDALBA in the U.K.
- Puma Biotech (PBYI) Announces Encouraging Interim Data from PB272 Phase 2 Control Trial in HER2+ Breast Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!