Repros Therapeutics (RPRX) Announces EMA Acceptance of Dossier for Enclomiphene
- Futures up as oil prices top $55
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Repros Therapeutics Inc.® (Nasdaq: RPRX) today announced that it has received confirmation of acceptance of its September 12, 2016 filing for enclomiphene in the treatment of secondary hypogonadism in Europe.
- Analogous to acceptance of an NDA by U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Responses expected by end of January 2017
The MAA was submitted to the European Medicines Agency (EMA) by Renable Pharma Limited, the UK subsidiary of Repros.
As has been described in previous communications, the typical time from submission to authorization of a medicinal product through the EMA’s centralized procedure is 13-16 months and culminates in one authorization being obtained which is valid in all European Union and European Economic Area countries, i.e. 31 in total. The centralized procedure allows for a pan-EU review of the data, led by the Rapporteur’s and Co-Rapporteur’s assessment teams, and is governed by set timelines; therefore the review time is well defined. In this context, the Company expects to receive all questions relating to the application by the end of January 2017.
Dr. Michael Wyllie, Independent Director of Repros, commented: “The acceptance of the dossier by the EMA represents a key milestone toward the commercialization of enclomiphene and signals the acceptability and adequacy of the data for formal review. At a defined time point, ‘day 120’, toward the end of January, we expect to get an initial reaction from the examiners.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Shire (SHPG) Presents 40-Year Data on FEIBA; Offers New 'In Vitro' Data
- Pfizer (PFE) Announces Data from Glasdegib Phase 2 in AML; Favorable OS Results Noted
- ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Announces Presentation of Brigatinib Phase 1/2, ALTA Trial Data; ORRs of 53% and 67% Noted
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!