Remark Media (MARK) Enters $20M At-The-Market Stock Purchase Agreement
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Remark Media, Inc. (Nasdaq: MARK) announced it has entered into a $20 million common stock purchase agreement with Aspire Capital Fund, LLC ("Aspire"), a Chicago-based institutional investor. Under the terms of the purchase agreement, Aspire has made an initial purchase of $1 million of Remark's common stock at $4.50 per share, which represents a 13.6% premium over the $3.96 closing stock price at November 8, 2016. In addition, Aspire has committed to purchase up to an additional $19 million of Remark's common stock over the next 30 months, based on prevailing market prices at the time of each sale.
Kai-Shing Tao, Remark's Chairman and CEO, stated, "Our agreement with Aspire Capital provides additional strength and flexibility to our balance sheet on favorable terms from a leading institutional investor, enabling us to continue executing on our growth strategy. Through our partnership with Alibaba and other data providers, and our ability to leverage synergies across our portfolio, this agreement will help us expand our footprint as a leading global digital media technology company with next-level data intelligence."
"We are impressed with Remark Media's ability to put together such a unique portfolio of digital media properties including Vegas.com and the FansTang asset it obtained from China Branding Group. In addition, the company's investments in ShareCare and KanKan represent significant upside, and management's focus on the millennial demographic make this a compelling investment opportunity," commented Erik J. Brown, a Principal of Aspire Capital.
Under the purchase agreement, Remark will control the timing and amount of any sale of common shares to Aspire. Aspire has no right to require Remark to make any sales, but is obligated to make purchases as Remark directs, in accordance with the terms of the purchase agreement. There are no limitations on the use of proceeds, financial covenants or restrictions on future financings and there are no rights of first refusal, participation rights, penalties or liquidated damages in the purchase agreement. Remark may terminate the purchase agreement at any time, at its discretion, without any additional cost or penalty. A detailed description of the transaction will be included in Remark's Current Report on Form 8-K to be filed with the SEC.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Bill Barrett Corporation (BBG) Entered Confidentiality Agreement with Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Pertaining to BCEI's Chapter 11 Proceeding
- Evans Bancorp (EVBN) Prices 400K Offering of Common Stock
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!