Regulus Therapeutics (RGLS) Names Timothy Wright Chief Research and Development Officer
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Regulus Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ: RGLS) announced the appointment of Timothy M. Wright, M.D. as Chief Research and Development (R&D) Officer reporting to Paul Grint, M.D., President and CEO. Dr. Wright will oversee Regulus' research, drug discovery, clinical development, and regulatory affairs functions.
"Tim brings over 30 years of academic and industry experience that includes leading worldwide clinical development programs," said Paul C. Grint, M.D., President and CEO. "His expertise in translational research will enable us to significantly advance and develop our pipeline. With three clinical-stage compounds, a fourth clinical candidate to be nominated by year-end, and multiple promising compounds in our pipeline, Tim joins us at an exciting time in the evolution of the company."
Dr. Wright joins Regulus from California Institute for Biomedical Research (Calibr), a not-for-profit translational research institute, where he was Executive Vice President of Translational Sciences since February 2015. Prior to Calibr, Dr. Wright held a variety of positions with increasing levels of responsibility over an 11-year period at Novartis Pharma most recently as Global Head of Development. Prior to Novartis, Dr. Wright spent three years at Pfizer holding leadership positions in Discovery and Clinical Sciences, leading translational research efforts and clinical trials for numerous programs across several therapeutic areas. Dr. Wright was trained as a physician-scientist at Johns Hopkins and had an accomplished academic career at both Johns Hopkins and the University of Pittsburgh before moving to pharma. He also serves as a key scientific advisor to several organizations, including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- iRobot Corp. (IRBT) Names Elisha Finney to Board of Directors
- RPM International (RPM) Acquires Prime Resins
- ExxonMobil (XOM) to Acquire Assets in Permian Basin for $5.6B in Shares Plus $1B in Contingent Cash Payments
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes
Related EntitiesBill & Melinda Gates Foundation Trust
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!