Regions Financial (RF) Enters Settlement with U.S. DOJ Over FHA-Related Mortgage Issues
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Regions Financial (NYSE: RF) announced that is has reached a settlement with the United States Department of Justice and on behalf of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to resolve a previously disclosed inquiry related to residential mortgage loan origination, underwriting and quality control practices for loans insured by the Federal Housing Administration.
The company fully cooperated with the inquiry and has agreed to a $52.4 million settlement, without admitting liability, in order to avoid the expense of potential litigation. Regions established and previously disclosed reserves sufficient to cover this matter; therefore, this settlement will not have a material impact on Regions’ financial condition or results of operations.
Regions is pleased to resolve this inquiry and is committed to maintaining fair, consistent and accurate loan origination practices.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cellectar Biosciences (CLRB) Announces US Patent Granted for CLR 131 and CLR 125
- Ashford Hospitality Prime (AHP) Amends Advisory Agreement with Ashford Inc. (AINC)
- Universal Insurance (UVE) Appoints Kimberly Cooper to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!