Regions Financial (RF) Enters Settlement with U.S. DOJ Over FHA-Related Mortgage Issues
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Regions Financial (NYSE: RF) announced that is has reached a settlement with the United States Department of Justice and on behalf of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to resolve a previously disclosed inquiry related to residential mortgage loan origination, underwriting and quality control practices for loans insured by the Federal Housing Administration.
The company fully cooperated with the inquiry and has agreed to a $52.4 million settlement, without admitting liability, in order to avoid the expense of potential litigation. Regions established and previously disclosed reserves sufficient to cover this matter; therefore, this settlement will not have a material impact on Regions’ financial condition or results of operations.
Regions is pleased to resolve this inquiry and is committed to maintaining fair, consistent and accurate loan origination practices.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Booz Allen Hamilton (BAH) Announces External Review Following Arrest of Former Employee
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Commences Jet Engine Lubricant Production at Port Allen Plant
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Announces Positive Longer-Term ORKAMBI + KALYDECO Data in CF Progression Modification
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!