Regenerx Biopharma (RGRX) JV Commences Second Dry Eye Syndrome-Focused Phase 3 Trial
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
RegeneRx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (OTC: RGRX) announced that ReGenTree, RegeneRx's U.S. joint venture with GtreeBNT, initiated its second Phase 3 trial for Dry Eye Syndrome this month and will begin patient enrollment shortly. The double-masked, placebo-controlled trial is expected to enroll approximately 500 patients who will be treated for 28 days with RGN-259, the Company's proprietary, preservative-free eye drops. The clinical trial is expected to be completed during the second half of 2017 with the results expected to be reported during that period as well.
The trial's primary endpoints are intended to replicate and confirm results from ReGenTree's previous Phase 2b/3 trial showing, (1) a statistically significant improvement in inferior corneal staining and (2) a statistically significant improvement in ocular discomfort, when subjects are challenged in a controlled adverse environment (CAE™) at the end of treatment. The FDA has reviewed and agreed to the study protocol and overall clinical plan for RGN-259 for the treatment of Dry Eye Syndrome.
Previous clinical trials have shown that RGN-259 is safe and well-tolerated and without any side effects observed with other dry eye modalities.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- Ignyta (RXDX) to Offer Entrectinib Combo Update in TRK Inhibition in Late-Breaking Presentation at 2016 EORTC-NCI-AACR
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!