Regeneron (REGN), Sanofi (SNY) Receive FDA Complete Response Letter for Sarilumab BLA as RA Treatment
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: REGN) and Sanofi (NYSE: SNY) announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a Complete Response Letter (CRL) regarding the Biologics License Application (BLA) for sarilumab, an investigational interleukin-6 receptor (IL-6R) antibody for the treatment of adult patients with moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
The CRL refers to certain deficiencies identified during a routine good manufacturing practice inspection of the Sanofi Le Trait facility in France where sarilumab is filled and finished, one of the last steps in the manufacturing process. Satisfactory resolution of these deficiencies is required before the BLA can be approved. Sanofi submitted a comprehensive corrective action plan to the FDA and is implementing the corrective actions specified in that plan. Sanofi is working closely with the FDA towards a timely resolution that addresses these concerns. The CRL does not identify any concerns relating to the safety or efficacy of sarilumab.
Sanofi and Regeneron remain committed to the development of sarilumab and providing the therapy to RA patients in the U.S. as quickly as possible. If approved by the FDA, sarilumab would be commercialized by Regeneron and Sanofi Genzyme, the specialty care global business unit of Sanofi.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Trulance (Plecanatide) Approved by FDA
- Western Union (WU) Announces Agreements to Resolve U.S. Investigations
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Hot FDA News, Trading Halts
Related EntitiesTwitter, Genzyme/Sanofi-Aventis
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!