Regeneron (REGN), Sanofi (SNY) Receive FDA Complete Response Letter for Sarilumab BLA as RA Treatment
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: REGN) and Sanofi (NYSE: SNY) announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a Complete Response Letter (CRL) regarding the Biologics License Application (BLA) for sarilumab, an investigational interleukin-6 receptor (IL-6R) antibody for the treatment of adult patients with moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
The CRL refers to certain deficiencies identified during a routine good manufacturing practice inspection of the Sanofi Le Trait facility in France where sarilumab is filled and finished, one of the last steps in the manufacturing process. Satisfactory resolution of these deficiencies is required before the BLA can be approved. Sanofi submitted a comprehensive corrective action plan to the FDA and is implementing the corrective actions specified in that plan. Sanofi is working closely with the FDA towards a timely resolution that addresses these concerns. The CRL does not identify any concerns relating to the safety or efficacy of sarilumab.
Sanofi and Regeneron remain committed to the development of sarilumab and providing the therapy to RA patients in the U.S. as quickly as possible. If approved by the FDA, sarilumab would be commercialized by Regeneron and Sanofi Genzyme, the specialty care global business unit of Sanofi.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Says FDA Accepts First BLA for Durvalumab in Bladder Cancer with Priority Review
- Regeneron (REGN), Sanofi (SNY) Announce EMA Acceptance of Dupixent Marketing App
- Akili, Pfizer (PFE) Report Positive Data from Study to Detect Subtle Cognitive Changes in Healthy Subjects at Risk of Developing AD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Hot FDA News, Trading Halts
Related EntitiesTwitter, Genzyme/Sanofi-Aventis
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!