Regeneron (REGN), Sanofi (SNY) Receive FDA Complete Response Letter for Sarilumab BLA as RA Treatment
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: REGN) and Sanofi (NYSE: SNY) announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a Complete Response Letter (CRL) regarding the Biologics License Application (BLA) for sarilumab, an investigational interleukin-6 receptor (IL-6R) antibody for the treatment of adult patients with moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
The CRL refers to certain deficiencies identified during a routine good manufacturing practice inspection of the Sanofi Le Trait facility in France where sarilumab is filled and finished, one of the last steps in the manufacturing process. Satisfactory resolution of these deficiencies is required before the BLA can be approved. Sanofi submitted a comprehensive corrective action plan to the FDA and is implementing the corrective actions specified in that plan. Sanofi is working closely with the FDA towards a timely resolution that addresses these concerns. The CRL does not identify any concerns relating to the safety or efficacy of sarilumab.
Sanofi and Regeneron remain committed to the development of sarilumab and providing the therapy to RA patients in the U.S. as quickly as possible. If approved by the FDA, sarilumab would be commercialized by Regeneron and Sanofi Genzyme, the specialty care global business unit of Sanofi.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- bluebird bio (BLUE) Names New COO and New SVP of Europe
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Loses Bid to Revive '413, '250, and Third Capaxone Patent in IPR Review - Bloomberg
- FDA Approves Boehringer Ingelheim's Jardiance to Reduce Cardiovascular Death in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes (LLY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Hot FDA News, Trading Halts
Related EntitiesTwitter, Genzyme/Sanofi-Aventis
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!