Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB) to Close Some Works Locations, Rebrand Others as 'Express'
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc., (Nasdaq: RRGB) announced the closing of some of its Red Robin Burger Works locations and rebranding of others as Red Robin Express as part of a strategic reevaluation of the Company’s alternative fast casual platform.
Red Robin closed nine of the existing 12 Red Robin Burger Works locations on September 30 including five units in Chicago, two in Washington D.C., one in Ft. Collins, Colo., and one in Boulder, Colo. Two of the locations in Denver and one in Clakamas, Ore., will remain open and be renamed Red Robin Express. The Denver Red Robin Express locations will also be remodeled as part of the rebranding effort.
“The restaurant industry remains intensely competitive both in casual dining, where Red Robin has become the burger authority over a span of more than 50 years, and in the fast casual burger segment, which we entered more recently,” said Denny Marie Post, Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc. chief executive officer. “We’ve gained considerable knowledge since opening the first of our smaller, fast casual locations in 2011. We are now conducting a strategic review of how this alternative platform can better support our brand as a whole and best serve our Guests.”
The rebranding of the Company’s alternative platform as Red Robin Express is intended to further differentiate the smaller, limited-service locations from full-service Red Robin casual dining restaurants. The reevaluation of the platform is part of the Company’s comprehensive effort to strengthen business performance, regain momentum and take market share. The Company will continue to explore smaller units that meet the growing demand for carry out and delivery.
The renaming of the three remaining locations with new Red Robin Express signage and remodeling of the two Denver Red Robin Express restaurants is expected to be completed in late 2016 or early 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
- Biogen (BIIB), AbbVie (ABBV) Receive Health Canada Approve for Once-Monthly Zinbryata
- Flowers Foods (FLO) and Flowers Baking Reach Settlement in Class Action Lawsuit
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!