Rambus (RMBS), Xilinx (XLNX) Enter New Licesing Agreement
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Rambus Inc. (Nasdaq: RMBS) announced it has signed a license agreement with Xilinx Inc., the world’s leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3D ICs, covering Rambus’ patented memory controller, SerDes, and security technologies. In addition, the two companies will look to evaluate potential collaboration on the use of Rambus’ CryptoManager platform, and Rambus will also explore the use of Xilinx FPGAs in the Rambus Smart Data Acceleration (SDA) research program. Specific terms of the agreement are confidential.
“As a leader in the FPGA space, Xilinx has built compelling solutions that are necessary for the growing acceleration needs in the data center,” said Dr. Ron Black, chief executive officer of Rambus. “Through collaboration, we also see great potential for our CryptoManager platform to serve as the secure foundation that enables remote, dynamic activation of features once the devices are deployed in the field. We look forward to the possibilities of engaging in these programs with the Xilinx teams and providing innovative solutions to our shared customers.”
The Rambus CryptoManager security platform creates a trusted path from the SoC manufacturing supply chain to downstream service providers with a complete silicon-to-cloud security solution. The Rambus SDA research program provides a platform to investigate near data processing system architectures that include software, firmware, FPGAs and large amounts of memory. To learn more about the Rambus solutions tailored to support the needs of the data center, visit rambus.com/memory-and-interfaces. For more information on Rambus security solutions, visit rambus.com/security/.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rambus (RMBS) volatility increases into Q3 and outlook
- Trading Radar for 10/24: T-Mobile (TMUS), V.F. Corp. (VFC), Rambus (RMBS), Sohu.com (SOHU), Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Report
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!