RELX's (RENX) LexisNexis Risk Solutions to Acquire Appriss' Crash and Project Business Unit
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions, part of RELX Group (NYSE: RENX), announced it is acquiring the Crash and Project business group of Appriss, a public safety business that provides technology solutions for the efficient collection of crash reports and electronic citations. LexisNexis will utilize the acquired technology within its LexisNexis® Coplogic™ Solutions portfolio, a comprehensive electronic crash and incident reporting suite, to enhance its capabilities to provide a more complete solution to the law enforcement community.
"With the acquisition of the Crash and Project business group, Coplogic Solutions will improve its ability to address the growing need for the efficient collection of crash and citation information," said Roy Marler, VP and GM, Coplogic Solutions, LexisNexis Risk Solutions. "By better utilizing time and resources, law enforcement agencies can pursue other, high priority public safety activities that meet the needs of our communities."
The LexisNexis Coplogic Solutions portfolio provides:
- Significant time savings for agencies and community members seeking incident and crash reports
- Easy integration with existing records management systems (RMS)
- Enhanced officer and public safety through the effective management of on-scene reporting
As a result of the acquisition, with the addition of more than 3,500 law enforcement agencies across 38 states, LexisNexis expands its current capabilities to provide real-time access to crash reports for citizens and involved parties such as insurance companies. Law enforcement agencies will be able to leverage a robust wizard-based crash reporting application as well as analytics, mapping, data visualization, and a state-wide crash reporting solution.
The Crash and Project business group has offices in Martinsville, Indiana and Louisville, Kentucky and its 66 employees will join LexisNexis through the acquisition.
Law enforcement agencies across the country use Coplogic Solutions, including agencies such as Los Angeles (CA) Police Department, Norfolk (VA) Police Department and Miami Dade (FL) Police Department. Visit LexisNexis Coplogic Solutions portfolio for more information.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Silgan (SLGN) to Acquire WestRock's (WRK) Specialty Closures and Dispensing Systems Business for $1.03B
- Time (TIME) Announces Agreement to Acquire Adelphic
- GlobalStar (GSAT) Announces Departure of COO David Kagan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!