RADA Electronic Industries (RADA) Will Provide CHR-Based RPS-10 Radar System to Artis
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
RADA Electronic Industries of Netanya, Israel (Nasdaq: RADA) will provide its CHR-based RPS-10 radar system to Artis LLC. of Herndon, VA for integration and testing with its "Iron Curtain" close-in Active Protection System (APS).
The Compact Hemispheric Radar (CHR) platform is an S-band, software-defined, pulse-Doppler, active electronically scanned array radar. The radar system introduces sophisticated beam forming capabilities and advanced signal processing, can provide various missions on each radar platform, and offers unprecedented performance-to-price ratio. It is compact and mobile, delivering ideal solutions for the protection of combat vehicles by providing hostile fire detection capabilities and providing critical targeting information for APS. The RPS-10 mission is optimized to detect direct fire threats such as RPGs and Anti-Tank Guided Missiles (ATGM), and deliver the data in real time to the APS for neutralization of threats.
Artis Iron Curtain is a close-in APS that defeats rocket propelled grenades and other shoulder-launched threats. It intercepts and destroys a multitude of threats inches from their targets, affording high level of protection with minimal collateral damage.
The integration and testing is planned for the first quarter of 2017.
According to Zvi Alon, RADA's CEO, "After being dormant for many years, the global APS market is emerging, as evidenced by the increasing number of customers who recognize the need for such systems. We have developed the CHR and the RPS-10 to fit any potential active protection system. After successful integration and testing of the RPS-10 with an Israeli APS, we are very happy with the opportunity to prove its operability as part of the Iron Curtain, and actively look forward to more global APS opportunities."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- NuStar (NS) Announces Agreement to Acquire Crude Oil and Refined Product Terminal Assets from Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP)
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!