QuintilesIMS (Q) Enters anti-Cancer Treatment Collaborations with Leading Pharma Companies (PFE) (BMY)
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
QuintilesIMS (NYSE: Q) announced that it will lead a collaborative initiative involving founding partners Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly and Company, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and Pfizer, which aims to provide clearer and more proactive insight into how anti-cancer treatments are used in a real-world setting across key European markets.
Currently, there are major information gaps and inconsistencies in knowledge about the real-world use of oncology products across Europe. Additional information about how oncology products are actually used, for which types of patients, with what sequences and combinations of therapies, and in which indications, is particularly important to help improve oncology patient care.
Treatment use information is typically based on historical data, thereby providing a view of the past, not a view of current practice. This new initiative is intended to provide more timely, consistent and comprehensive data resources that could be used to provide further insight for healthcare systems to make better informed decisions on patient care in the future. Importantly, substantial steps have been taken to obtain these insights while respecting individual privacy.
With more than 1.7 million deaths and three million new cases each year, cancer is a leading cause of death and morbidity in Europe, second only to cardiovascular disease1. This new collaboration provides a partnership approach that is critical to address this challenge.
1. World Health Organization (WHO) Europe Region, Cancer, data and statistics (http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/noncommunicable-diseases/cancer/data-and-statistics)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Announces Retirement of LPL Financial LLC CEO Cassidy
- Novo Nordisk (NVO) Files Semaglutide NDA with U.S. FDA as T2D Treatment
- GlycoMimetics (GLYC) Announces Positive Update on GMI-1271 Phase 1/2 in AML; All Response Patients Seen with CR Rates
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!