Quantum Corp. (QTM) Reports Preliminary Q2 Results
- Wall Street rally continues as laggards advance
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) today announced positive preliminary results for the fiscal second quarter 2017, ended Sept. 30, 2016. The company currently expects:
- Total revenue of approximately $132 million to $134 million, up from $117 million in the fiscal second quarter 2016.1
- Scale-out storage and related service revenue of at least $46 million, an increase of more than $16 million.
- To be breakeven on both a diluted GAAP and diluted non-GAAP basis, compared to a diluted GAAP net loss of $0.04 per share and a diluted non-GAAP net loss of $0.03 per share.
"Customers in an expanding number of use cases see our multi-tier storage solutions approach and unique combination of high performance, low-cost capacity and easy data access as key enablers for addressing their workflow demands. Our momentum continues to grow, and, in fact, we are off to a strong start in the December quarter, building on our increasing market traction."
Quantum will provide more detailed financial results for the fiscal second quarter in its earnings announcement on Oct. 26, 2016 (see below for conference call information).
Update on Refinancing Activities
In addition to announcing its preliminary results, the company also provided an update regarding the refinancing activities discussed in its fiscal first quarter 2017 earnings announcement.
"Since our earnings announcement, we've made significant progress toward completion of a new financing package to refinance our existing credit line and provide sufficient additional liquidity to address the convertible notes due November 2017," said Fuad Ahmad, senior vice president and CFO of Quantum. "Although we are not in a position to announce the transaction at this time and there can be no assurance that it will be consummated, Quantum and the other parties are currently negotiating definitive agreements for the transaction."
Earnings Conference Call and Audio Webcast Notification
Quantum will issue a news release on its fiscal second quarter financial results on Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2016, after the close of the market. The company will also hold a conference call and live audio webcast to discuss these results that same day at 2:00 p.m. PDT. Press and industry analysts are invited to attend in listen-only mode.
Dial-in number: +1 (503) 343-6063 Participant passcode: 94619494 Replay number: +1 (404) 537-3406 Replay passcode: 94619494 Replay expiration: Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2016 Webcast site: www.quantum.com/investors
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Ocean Power Technologies Announces Results for the Fiscal Second Quarter Ended October 31, 2016
- Network-1 Technologies (NTIP) Approves Initial 5c Semi-Annual Dividend
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!