Qualcomm (QCOM), vivo Communication Technology Enter 3G/4G Patent License Agreement in China
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM) announced that it has entered into a new 3G and 4G Chinese Patent License Agreement with vivo Communication Technology Co., Ltd. Under the terms of the agreement, Qualcomm has granted vivo a royalty-bearing patent license to develop, manufacture and sell 3G WCDMA and CDMA2000 and 4G LTE (including "3-mode" GSM, TD-SCDMA and LTE-TDD) complete devices for use in China. The royalties payable by vivo are consistent with the terms of the rectification plan submitted by Qualcomm to China's National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC).
"This license agreement will allow us to have access to the latest technologies from Qualcomm and will enable us to continue to create innovative and high-quality devices for our customers," said Shi Yujian, vice president of vivo. "vivo has closely collaborated with Qualcomm in China and globally throughout the years. We have worked together on some of the popular vivo devices such as X7, X7Plus and Xplay5. vivo competes with innovation at its core, and holds high regard and respect for intellectual property rights."
"Qualcomm is committed to the continued success of China's wireless industry. We are pleased to sign a new licensing agreement with vivo that builds on our long standing relationship," said Alex Rogers, senior vice president and general manager, Qualcomm Technology Licensing. "It is exciting to see our technology enabling many large Chinese mobile device manufacturers such as vivo to become successful global players."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- Eyegate Pharma (EYEG) Granted Canadian Patent for Proprietary Iontophoretic Formulation and Use
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Defended at Stifel, Should Be Bought on Weakness - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!