Qualcomm (QCOM), vivo Communication Technology Enter 3G/4G Patent License Agreement in China
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM) announced that it has entered into a new 3G and 4G Chinese Patent License Agreement with vivo Communication Technology Co., Ltd. Under the terms of the agreement, Qualcomm has granted vivo a royalty-bearing patent license to develop, manufacture and sell 3G WCDMA and CDMA2000 and 4G LTE (including "3-mode" GSM, TD-SCDMA and LTE-TDD) complete devices for use in China. The royalties payable by vivo are consistent with the terms of the rectification plan submitted by Qualcomm to China's National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC).
"This license agreement will allow us to have access to the latest technologies from Qualcomm and will enable us to continue to create innovative and high-quality devices for our customers," said Shi Yujian, vice president of vivo. "vivo has closely collaborated with Qualcomm in China and globally throughout the years. We have worked together on some of the popular vivo devices such as X7, X7Plus and Xplay5. vivo competes with innovation at its core, and holds high regard and respect for intellectual property rights."
"Qualcomm is committed to the continued success of China's wireless industry. We are pleased to sign a new licensing agreement with vivo that builds on our long standing relationship," said Alex Rogers, senior vice president and general manager, Qualcomm Technology Licensing. "It is exciting to see our technology enabling many large Chinese mobile device manufacturers such as vivo to become successful global players."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
- Qualcomm Collaborates with Microsoft to Support Windows 10 Computing Devices on Next Generation Qualcomm Snapdragon Processors
- W. P. Carey (WPC) COO/Head of Asset Management Thomas Zacharias to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!