Qlik Tech (QLIK) Says More Than 77.50% of Shareholders Approve Sale to Thoma Bravo
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Qlik (NASDAQ: QLIK) today announced that, at a Special Meeting of Shareholders held on August 17, 2016, the holders of more than 77.50% of its shares voted to approve the adoption of the agreement pursuant to which leading private equity investment firm Thoma Bravo, LLC will acquire Qlik.
With the shareholder vote complete, all approvals required to complete the transaction have been received and the transaction is expected to close on August 22, 2016. Upon closing, Qlik shareholders will be entitled to receive $30.50 in cash for each share of Qlik common stock they hold.
Lars Björk, Chief Executive Officer of Qlik, stated, "We believe our partnership with Thoma Bravo represents a tremendous opportunity to further expand upon our platform-based approach to business intelligence (BI) and analytics and will also provide significant benefits to our customers and employees. We are excited to close the transaction and work with Thoma Bravo on our next chapter of innovation and growth."
Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC served as exclusive financial advisor to Qlik and Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Gunderson Dettmer Stough Villeneuve Franklin & Hachigian, LLP served as its legal advisors. Goldman, Sachs & Co. served as exclusive financial advisor to Thoma Bravo and Kirkland & Ellis LLP served as its legal advisor. Ares Capital Corporation is serving as the administrative and collateral agent, joint lead arranger and joint bookrunner for the $1.075 billion unitranche credit facility in support of the acquisition. Ares Capital Management is leading the syndication. Additional joint lead arrangers include Golub Capital LLC, TPG Specialty Lending, Inc. and Varagon Capital Partners, LP.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Air Products (APD) Sends Letter Outlining Terms of Preliminary, Non-binding Indication of Interest to Acquire Yingde
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
- Zayo Group Holdings (ZAYO) PT Raised to $41 at BTIG; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Golub Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!