Qlik Tech (QLIK) Says More Than 77.50% of Shareholders Approve Sale to Thoma Bravo
- Wall St. set to open lower, weighed down by GE
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Qlik (NASDAQ: QLIK) today announced that, at a Special Meeting of Shareholders held on August 17, 2016, the holders of more than 77.50% of its shares voted to approve the adoption of the agreement pursuant to which leading private equity investment firm Thoma Bravo, LLC will acquire Qlik.
With the shareholder vote complete, all approvals required to complete the transaction have been received and the transaction is expected to close on August 22, 2016. Upon closing, Qlik shareholders will be entitled to receive $30.50 in cash for each share of Qlik common stock they hold.
Lars Björk, Chief Executive Officer of Qlik, stated, "We believe our partnership with Thoma Bravo represents a tremendous opportunity to further expand upon our platform-based approach to business intelligence (BI) and analytics and will also provide significant benefits to our customers and employees. We are excited to close the transaction and work with Thoma Bravo on our next chapter of innovation and growth."
Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC served as exclusive financial advisor to Qlik and Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Gunderson Dettmer Stough Villeneuve Franklin & Hachigian, LLP served as its legal advisors. Goldman, Sachs & Co. served as exclusive financial advisor to Thoma Bravo and Kirkland & Ellis LLP served as its legal advisor. Ares Capital Corporation is serving as the administrative and collateral agent, joint lead arranger and joint bookrunner for the $1.075 billion unitranche credit facility in support of the acquisition. Ares Capital Management is leading the syndication. Additional joint lead arrangers include Golub Capital LLC, TPG Specialty Lending, Inc. and Varagon Capital Partners, LP.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Coach (COH) Said Working with Evercore on Possible Merger with Burberry - Betaville
- Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP) to Divest Corpus Christi Terminalling Assets for Net Proceeds of $93M
- Eaton Vance (EV) to Acquire Ameritas Holding's Calvert Investment Management
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Golub Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!