Qiagen (QGEN) Shareholders Approves $250M Synthetic Buyback Plan
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
QIAGEN N.V. (Nasdaq: QGEN) announced that shareholders overwhelmingly approved a proposal to return approximately $250 million in cash to shareholders through a synthetic share repurchase plan that combines a direct capital repayment with a reverse stock split. The capital repayment forms part of a commitment announced in July 2016 to return $300 million to shareholders by the end of 2017.
Following the announcement of the synthetic share repurchase plan in August 2016, shareholders at an Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders (EGM) today approved all three proposals to amend the Company's Articles of Association to allow for an adjustment in QIAGEN's share capital in order to complete the related capital repayment. Similar approaches have previously been used by other large, multinational Dutch companies as an efficient way to provide returns to all shareholders, and to do so in a faster and more efficient way than through a traditional open-market share repurchase program.
The transactions are expected to be completed in early January 2017 following the expiration of a two-month creditor objection period, which is required by Dutch law and begins after filing of the EGM resolution with the Dutch Trade Register and publication in a Dutch daily newspaper.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Qiagen (QGEN) Completes $250M Synthetic Share Repurchase
- CSS Industries (CSS) Names John Roselli as CFO
- Exclusive: Lingerie maker Victoria's Secret looks to uncover supply chain issues
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!