Qiagen (QGEN) Receives Unfavorable Decision in '537 Patent Suit
- Dow set to open at record high; oil hits $55
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
QIAGEN (Nasdaq: QGEN) commented on a decision issued late on Friday, September 9, by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, San Francisco Division, in which the Court granted the motion for a preliminary injunction against the Company as part of patent litigation filed by a competitor. The lawsuit alleges infringement of U.S. Patent 7,566,537 by QIAGEN's GeneReader NGS System.
"While we are disappointed and disagree with the Court's decision, we believe our intellectual property position in next-generation sequencing is strong, and we are pursuing all legal means to get the current decision reviewed by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit as soon as possible," said Peer M. Schatz, Chief Executive Officer of QIAGEN N.V. "The disputed intellectual property claim is related to a narrow step within the overall broad GeneReader NGS workflow. In addition, QIAGEN intends to accelerate the development already underway of an upgrade to the component under dispute to resume U.S. commercialization with a full workflow of at least comparable or even better performance. The issue in this case also applies only in the United States, so customers in all other regions of the world can continue to purchase and use the GeneReader NGS System."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Announces Retirement of LPL Financial LLC CEO Cassidy
- AbbVie (ABBV), Northwestern University Enter Three-Year Cancer Research Collaboration
- BioLineRx (BLRX) Presents Positive Phase 2a Correlative and Mechanism-of-Action Data for BL-8040 at ASH
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!