Qiagen (QGEN) Plans to Return $250M to Shareholders Through Synthetic Buyback Program
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
QIAGEN N.V. (Nasdaq: QGEN) announced plans to return approximately $250 million to shareholders through a synthetic share repurchase proposal that combines a direct capital repayment with a reverse stock split.
These actions, which will lead to an adjustment in QIAGEN's share capital, have been used previously by other large, multinational Dutch companies as an efficient way to provide returns to shareholders. The proposal, if adopted, is expected to be similar to QIAGEN repurchasing approximately $250 million of its own shares, but will enable the return of capital to all shareholders in a much faster and more efficient way than through a traditional open-market repurchase program.
QIAGEN intends to fund the capital repayment, which forms part of a commitment announced in July 2016 to return $300 million to shareholders by the end of 2017, from existing cash reserves and expects to maintain its current non-rated, investment-grade credit profile. The adjustment to QIAGEN's capital structure will be proposed at an Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders (EGM), which is scheduled to take place in October 2016. The related series of transactions are expected to be completed in early January 2017, in part due to a Dutch legal requirement for a two-month creditor objection period after shareholder approval of the proposal. No Dutch dividend withholding tax is expected to be applicable.
Click here for full press release
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IBM (IBM) Declares $1.40 Quarterly Dividend; $3B Stock Buyback
- Charter Financial (CHFN) Raises Quarterly Dividend 10% to $0.055; 1.7% Yield
- Portola Pharma (PTLA) Announces Submission of NDA for Betrixaban for Extended Duration Prophylaxis of VTE
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Stock Buybacks, Stock Splits
Related EntitiesTwitter, Dividend, Stock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!