Qiagen (QGEN) Announces Launch of QIAscout
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
QIAGEN N.V. (Nasdaq: QGEN) announced launch of QIAscout, a novel instrument for isolation of viable single cells from samples to enable cost-efficient, accurate single-cell analysis for next-generation sequencing (NGS), polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and other downstream applications. The QIAscout instrument, the size of a hand-held mobile device, adds to QIAGEN's Sample to Insight portfolio of solutions for single-cell analysis in research fields such as oncology, immunology, neurobiology and stem-cell biology.
"We continue to expand QIAGEN's Sample to Insight solutions to help researchers discover the processes underlying cellular function in both normal and disease states. Single-cell analysis is growing rapidly as NGS enables researchers to view biological processes at the highest level of resolution, including heterogeneity and changes in samples over time," said Brad Crutchfield, Senior Vice President of QIAGEN's Life Sciences Business Area. "QIAscout is a unique addition to QIAGEN's portfolio of sample technologies that provides an easy, fast and cost-effective method to isolate single cells from any sample. Other solutions are highly complex, expensive, and accessible only to large laboratories. In addition, they may stress the cells creating additional experimental variables. QIAscout, on the other hand, is powered by a novel approach to single cell isolation.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Load Factor Rose 0.9 Points in November 2016
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Director Mnuchin Resigns Amid Trump Nod
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!