QLT Inc. (QLTI) to Cut Workforce by 42%
- Top 10 News for 03/03 - 03/07: Russia/Ukraine Tension Shakes Markets; Safeway Gets Official Bid; Bitcoin Founder 'Found'
- Icahn Plans to Use Facebook, Along with Twititer and Website to Communicate
- Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 175K in Feb., Led by Gains in Trade, Services
- Coupons.com (COUP) IPO Surges Higher
- Tesla (TSLA) Cuts Model S Price in Europe
QLT Inc. (Nasdaq: QLTI) announced a 42% reduction of its workforce to better align its resources with the Company's corporate objectives following the recent sale of Visudyne® to Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. ("Valeant"). QLT expects to record a restructuring charge of approximately $2.0 million relating to this reduction in force. The Company also expects the reorganization to result in approximately $3.8 million in reduced annualized expenses once the reduction is fully implemented in the first half of 2013.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Boeing (BA) Will Shift Pension to 401(k) Plans for ~68K non-Union Workers
- Medtronic (MDT) Wins Patent Case vs. Edwards (EW) in Europe
- Kroger Co. (KR) Tops Q4 EPS by 6c; Issues Strong FY14 Profit Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!