QLT Inc. (QLTI) to Cut Workforce by 42%
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
QLT Inc. (Nasdaq: QLTI) announced a 42% reduction of its workforce to better align its resources with the Company's corporate objectives following the recent sale of Visudyne® to Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. ("Valeant"). QLT expects to record a restructuring charge of approximately $2.0 million relating to this reduction in force. The Company also expects the reorganization to result in approximately $3.8 million in reduced annualized expenses once the reduction is fully implemented in the first half of 2013.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Updates on Enterprise Strategy; Guides FY17 EPS Inline
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Sees FY17 Revenue Midpoint Below Views - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!