QLT Inc. (QLTI) to Cut Workforce by 42%
- Top 10 News for 10/27 - 10/31: Fed Ends Easing; Q3 was Tough on Social Media Giants; Apple CEO Cook Gets Personal
- With U.S. Fed Taking Foot Off the Pedal, BoJ and Japan's Pension Fund Accelerate
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 18c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c
- UPDATE: Virgin Galactic Reports Anomaly with Spaceship Two; One Fatality Confirmed
QLT Inc. (Nasdaq: QLTI) announced a 42% reduction of its workforce to better align its resources with the Company's corporate objectives following the recent sale of Visudyne® to Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. ("Valeant"). QLT expects to record a restructuring charge of approximately $2.0 million relating to this reduction in force. The Company also expects the reorganization to result in approximately $3.8 million in reduced annualized expenses once the reduction is fully implemented in the first half of 2013.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) to Acquire Aviv REIT (AVIV) in $3B Deal
- UPDATE: Brightcove (BCOV) Posts Smaller-than-Expected Q3 Loss, Offers Guidance
- Gain Capital (GCAP) to Acquire City Index in Net $82M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!