QIWI plc (QIWI) Acquires Startup Plati Potom; No Terms
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends flat; Microsoft rallies, healthcare falls
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
QIWI plc, (NASDAQ: QIWI) acquired a 100% ownership stake in fintech startup Plati Potom. Plati Potom develops innovative post payment solutions for e-commerce and offline retailers as well as cutting-edge data analysis and credit risk management tools.
Core focus areas of Plati Potom include research and implementation of various technologies like data science in the fields of payments, e-commerce and credit risk management.
For QIWI this transaction is another step in implementing its M&A strategy of investing in promising teams and technologies in the fintech space. One of the main goals of this transaction is to acquire proprietary data analysis and scoring technologies as well as the team working on the products. We expect that the data science technology developed by Plati Potom can be applied to a wide range of QIWI products.
The Plati Potom team has already implemented several projects in cross-border e-commerce in partnership with QIWI including a “Payment-on-Delivery” project and several programs aimed at stimulating consumer demand for partner e-shops.
“Acquisition of Plati Potom is aimed at strengthening QIWI’s expertise and positions in the areas of e-commerce and data analysis,” said Yakov Barinskiy, Head of M&A and Business Development. “Apart from a strong technological base, Plati Potom appealed to us because of its good operational dynamics along with highly professional management and software development team that is currently integrating with QIWI.”
“Our team introduced several technological and financial products that are currently being adopted to the capabilities of QIWI infrastructure,” noted Stanislav Saveliev, CEO of Plati Potom. “For us QIWI is a strong and understanding strategic partner. Our collaboration creates many opportunities to develop ambitious projects with high potential in different markets including e-commerce.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carlyle's (CG) LDiscovery to Acquire Kroll Ontrack in $410M Deal
- Equity Bancshares (EQBK) Clears Final Regulatory Hurdle Needed to Close Community First Bancshares Merger; Moves to Acquire Prairie State Bancshares
- SEC Charges Former Pinnacle Financial (PNFP) Director with Insider Trading Related to Avenue Financial Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!