Pulmatrix (PULM) to Present 'Promising' New Data at the North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference
- Wall St. drops on bleak GE outlook; Microsoft blunts losses
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- UPDATE: AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Pulmatrix, Inc. (NASDAQ: PULM) will present promising new preclinical data about its inhaled antifungal drug PUR1900 in a poster at the North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference.
"The preclinical study comparing PUR1900 to the oral reference product shows that PUR1900 offers a significant advantage over the current standard of care for treating fungal infections in the lungs," said David Hava, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer for Pulmatrix.
Cystic fibrosis patients frequently suffer from a condition called allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA), an allergic disease caused by fungal infections, which is often treated with oral antifungals, such as itraconazole. High oral doses are needed to get enough of the antifungal drug to the lungs through the bloodstream to fight the infection, resulting in the potential for severe side effects that must be managed and monitored—including liver toxicity.
Pulmatrix's inhaled drug PUR1900, which combines itraconazole with the company's dry powder delivery technology platform, has the potential to solve these problems by delivering the drug directly to the lungs. The new study confirms the expected advantages of inhaled drug delivery.
"The profile of PUR1900 demonstrated in this study, with high lung exposure and low systemic levels, should be well suited for treating fungal infections. Our goal is to translate this profile in our upcoming clinical trials which will help us establish optimal dosing parameters for patients," explained Dr. Hava.
The poster will be presented during the conference in the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, October 27-29.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whole Foods Market (WFM) Says It's Cooperating Fully with Detroit Health Department Following Case of Hepatitis A
- Vascular Solutions' (VASC) Fluent Inflation Device Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance
- Altra Industrial Motion (AIMC) to Acquire GKN's Stromag
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!