Provectus Biopharma (PVCT) Receives Rose Bengal Analogs-Related U.S. Patent
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Provectus Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: PVCT) announced that it has received a U.S. patent covering additional aspects of its process for synthesizing halogenated xanthenes, the family of compound to which rose bengal belongs. The patent covers use of certain halogenated xanthenes in pharmaceutical compositions and as medicaments.
Eric Wachter, CTO of Provectus, noted, "U.S. Patent No. 9,422,260 covers claims that we announced in mid-July had been allowed by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. It covers subject matter included in the original, 'parent' case that led to issuance of U.S. Patent 8,530,675 in September 2013, covering our novel process for synthesizing rose bengal and related analogs. This ‘daughter’ patent extends protection to use of a wide range of those analogs in or as therapeutic products, and provides complementary protection to that afforded by the parent patent."
Wachter added, "The daughter patent provides a significant potential commercial lifetime for these analogs. Along with U.S. Patent No. 9,273,022, issued earlier this year and also derived from the original parent case, the new patent expands our ability to control the supply chain for rose bengal and related analogs for use in PV-10, PH-10 and possible successor products.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Anthera Pharma (ANTH) Appoints New CEO; Other Exec Changes Announced
- Alaska Air Group (ALK) Cleared by DOJ to Acquire Virgin America (VA)
- Anthera Pharma (ANTH) Announces Positive Data from Phase 2 BRIGHT-SC Week 48 Analysis
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!