Provectus Biopharma (PVCT) Receives Rose Bengal Analogs-Related U.S. Patent
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Provectus Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: PVCT) announced that it has received a U.S. patent covering additional aspects of its process for synthesizing halogenated xanthenes, the family of compound to which rose bengal belongs. The patent covers use of certain halogenated xanthenes in pharmaceutical compositions and as medicaments.
Eric Wachter, CTO of Provectus, noted, "U.S. Patent No. 9,422,260 covers claims that we announced in mid-July had been allowed by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. It covers subject matter included in the original, 'parent' case that led to issuance of U.S. Patent 8,530,675 in September 2013, covering our novel process for synthesizing rose bengal and related analogs. This ‘daughter’ patent extends protection to use of a wide range of those analogs in or as therapeutic products, and provides complementary protection to that afforded by the parent patent."
Wachter added, "The daughter patent provides a significant potential commercial lifetime for these analogs. Along with U.S. Patent No. 9,273,022, issued earlier this year and also derived from the original parent case, the new patent expands our ability to control the supply chain for rose bengal and related analogs for use in PV-10, PH-10 and possible successor products.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Norwood Financial Corp (NWFL) Names William Davis, Jr. as Chairman of the Board
- Kellogg (K) Appoints Fareed Khan as CFO
- Pan American Silver (PAAS) Reports Prelim. Q4 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!