Provectus Biopharma (PVCT) Receives Rose Bengal Analogs-Related U.S. Patent
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Provectus Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: PVCT) announced that it has received a U.S. patent covering additional aspects of its process for synthesizing halogenated xanthenes, the family of compound to which rose bengal belongs. The patent covers use of certain halogenated xanthenes in pharmaceutical compositions and as medicaments.
Eric Wachter, CTO of Provectus, noted, "U.S. Patent No. 9,422,260 covers claims that we announced in mid-July had been allowed by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. It covers subject matter included in the original, 'parent' case that led to issuance of U.S. Patent 8,530,675 in September 2013, covering our novel process for synthesizing rose bengal and related analogs. This ‘daughter’ patent extends protection to use of a wide range of those analogs in or as therapeutic products, and provides complementary protection to that afforded by the parent patent."
Wachter added, "The daughter patent provides a significant potential commercial lifetime for these analogs. Along with U.S. Patent No. 9,273,022, issued earlier this year and also derived from the original parent case, the new patent expands our ability to control the supply chain for rose bengal and related analogs for use in PV-10, PH-10 and possible successor products.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) Says It's Part of Inquiry by UK's CMA
- First NBC Bank (FNBC) Disagrees with 'Unfounded Assertions' in the Market
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Misses Q3 EPS by 2c; Plans to Commence Two CF-Focused Phase 2s
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!