Prothena Corp. (PRTA) CEO Schenk to Take Medical Leave
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Prothena Corporation plc (Nasdaq: PRTA) announced that its President and Chief Executive Officer Dale Schenk, PhD, who announced in December 2014 that he had been diagnosed with and was undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer, is taking a medical leave of absence in order to focus full time on his health. Dr. Schenk will continue serving on Prothena’s Board of Directors.
During the period of Dr. Schenk’s leave, the Company will be led by Gene Kinney, PhD, Prothena’s Chief Operating Officer. Dr. Kinney has been with Prothena since it was established in 2012 and is responsible for the integrated research, development and commercial organization, as well as several additional key functions within the Company.
“The Board of Directors has enormous confidence in Gene and the Prothena leadership team’s ability to progress the Company’s strategic objectives,” stated Lars G. Ekman, MD, PhD, Chairman of the Prothena Board of Directors. “We wish Dale the best, and know that Prothena’s experienced team will continue to steadily advance the Company during his absence.”
“Our thoughts are with Dale as he takes time to concentrate on his health, and I am confident that working together, Prothena will continue to make great progress on our goals,” stated Dr. Kinney. “During this time, the management team and I will continue to focus on what has been the collective passion of our team – delivering innovative new therapies to patients.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Anthera Pharma (ANTH) Appoints New CEO; Other Exec Changes Announced
- Shutterfly (SFLY) Adds Two New Directors
- Hain Celestial (HAIN) Appoints New COO, Other Executives
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!