Prothena Corp. (PRTA) CEO Schenk to Take Medical Leave
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Prothena Corporation plc (Nasdaq: PRTA) announced that its President and Chief Executive Officer Dale Schenk, PhD, who announced in December 2014 that he had been diagnosed with and was undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer, is taking a medical leave of absence in order to focus full time on his health. Dr. Schenk will continue serving on Prothena’s Board of Directors.
During the period of Dr. Schenk’s leave, the Company will be led by Gene Kinney, PhD, Prothena’s Chief Operating Officer. Dr. Kinney has been with Prothena since it was established in 2012 and is responsible for the integrated research, development and commercial organization, as well as several additional key functions within the Company.
“The Board of Directors has enormous confidence in Gene and the Prothena leadership team’s ability to progress the Company’s strategic objectives,” stated Lars G. Ekman, MD, PhD, Chairman of the Prothena Board of Directors. “We wish Dale the best, and know that Prothena’s experienced team will continue to steadily advance the Company during his absence.”
“Our thoughts are with Dale as he takes time to concentrate on his health, and I am confident that working together, Prothena will continue to make great progress on our goals,” stated Dr. Kinney. “During this time, the management team and I will continue to focus on what has been the collective passion of our team – delivering innovative new therapies to patients.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- iRobot Corp. (IRBT) Names Elisha Finney to Board of Directors
- Forward Pharma (FWP) Confirms Settlement and License Agreement with Biogen (BIIB)
- Materion Corp. (MTRN) Announces Two Patents for Fabrication Process of BrushForm 158
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!