Protalix BioTherapeutics (PLX) to Present Data on PRX-102 in Fabry Disease; Continues Phase 3 Enrollment
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. (NYSE: PLX) announced an oral presentation highlighting the results of the phase I/II clinical trial of PRX-102 for the treatment of Fabry disease will be given at the Society for the Study of Inborn Errors of Metabolism (SSIEM) Annual Symposium being held September 6-9, 2016 in Rome, Italy.
The oral presentation titled, “A novel treatment for Fabry disease – IV administration of plant derived alpha-gal-a enzyme safety and efficacy, 1 year experience,” will be given by Raphael Schiffmann, M.D., Lead Investigator at the Metabolic Neurology Branch of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), a part of the National Institutes of Health, and a principal investigator of the phase I/II clinical trial of PRX-102, on Thursday, September 8, 2016 between 10:30am – 12:00pm GMT. A copy of the presentation will be available following the conference on the Company’s website under the presentations tab of the investor page.
PRX-102 is a recombinant, plant cell expressed, pegylated, modified version of the human alpha-Galactosidase-A enzyme. The phase I/II clinical trial is an open-label, dose-ranging study designed to treat up to 18 naïve male and female adult patients across three dosing cohorts (0.2 mg/kg, 1mg/kg and 2mg/kg), with intravenous infusions of PRX-102 every two weeks. The clinical results indicate that PRX-102 demonstrated improvements or stabilization across all disease parameters including, plasma Lyso-Gb3, kidney function, cardiac function and pain. Additionally, PRX-102 was well tolerated, with the majority of adverse events being mild and moderate.
Currently, all 16 patients enrolled in the phase I/II trial continue to receive 1 mg/kg of PRX-102 in an open label extension trial. The Company is recruiting patients for a phase III pivotal trial of PRX-102 for the treatment of Fabry disease in centers in the United States.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- W. P. Carey (WPC) COO/Head of Asset Management Thomas Zacharias to Retire
- Akili, Pfizer (PFE) Report Positive Data from Study to Detect Subtle Cognitive Changes in Healthy Subjects at Risk of Developing AD
- USA Compression Partners (USAC) Prices $73.1M Common Units Offering
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!