Protalix BioTherapeutics' (PLX) Alfataliglicerase Approved in Brazil for the Treatment of Certain Gaucher Disease
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. (NYSE: PLX) announced that the Brazilian National Health Surveillance Agency (ANVISA, Agencia Nacional de Vigilancia Sanitaria) has granted regulatory approval for alfataliglicerase as a long-term enzyme replacement therapy for children four years old and above with a confirmed diagnosis of Type I Gaucher disease. Gaucher disease is a rare lysosomal storage disorder, with approximately 700 patients treated in Brazil. Brazil has the third largest number of identified Gaucher patients worldwide, after the United States and Israel.
Alfataliglicerase was approved by ANVISA in March 2013 for long-term enzyme replacement therapy (ERT) for adults with a confirmed diagnosis of Type I Gaucher disease.
“ANVISA’s approval of a pediatric indication for alfataliglicerase is an important milestone for Protalix in our commitment to the Gaucher community,” commented Moshe Manor, Protalix’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “It is also an important element in our ongoing advanced negotiations with the Brazilian Ministry of Health, as alfataliglicerase is now approved for the majority of Gaucher patients in Brazil. It is estimated that pediatric patients represent approximately 30% of the total Gaucher patient population in Brazil.”
Pursuant to the Company’s amended and restated exclusive license and supply agreement with Pfizer Inc. of October 2015, the Company owns all rights to alfataliglicerase in Brazil.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brixmor Property Group (BRX) Names New Board Member
- Viacom (VIAB) Appoints New Content Distribution EVP
- Stemline Therapeutics (STML) Presents Strong SL-401 Phase 2 Data at ASH 2016; 100% ORR Noted
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!