Protalix (PLX) Gets $25M Milestone from Pfizer in FDA Approval of ELELYSO as Treatment of Type 1 Gaucher
- Herbalife (HLF) Confirms FTC Civil Investigation
- Microsoft (MSFT) Names ValueAct's Morfit to Board
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/12: (OXGN) (EPL) (MTEX) Higher; (GERN) (HDY) (CNTF) Lower
- Microsoft (MSFT), Apple (AAPL) Top List as U.S. Offshore Corp. Cash Pile Swells
- Energy XXI (EXXI) to Acquire EPL Oil & Gas (EPL) in $2.3B Deal
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. (NYSE: PLX), has received a $25 million milestone payment from Pfizer Inc. as part of the companies' global commercial agreement for ELELYSO (taliglucerase alfa). This payment was triggered by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) approval of ELELYSO for the treatment of type 1 Gaucher disease on May 1, 2012. On November 30, 2009, Pfizer and Protalix entered into an exclusive license and supply agreement relating to the development and commercialization of ELELYSO. Under the terms of the agreement, Protalix granted Pfizer an exclusive, worldwide license to ELELYSO except in Israel. Except with respect to Protalix's commercialization efforts in Israel, Pfizer and Protalix share the revenues and expenses related to the worldwide commercialization of ELEYSO on a 60 percent/40 percent basis, respectively, with certain agreed upon limits on the amounts of shared expenses. Protalix retained exclusive commercialization rights to the Israeli market for ELELYSO, including all revenues and expenses. Upon signing the license and supply agreement in November 2009, Pfizer made an upfront payment of $60 million to Protalix and subsequently made a $5 million payment to Protalix upon Protalix's achievement of a performance milestone. On March 31, 2012, Protalix had cash and cash equivalents $45.6 million. On a proforma basis, including the receipt of the $25 million milestone payment for the approval of ELELYSO in the United States, cash and cash equivalents on March 31, 2012 would have been $70.6 million.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oramed Pharma (ORMP) Receives Third Austrialian Patent for ORMD-0901
- BioMarin's (BMRN) VIMIZIM Receives FDA Priority Review Voucher
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX) Submits MAA to EMA for Zerenex
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!