Protalix (PLX) Gets $25M Milestone from Pfizer in FDA Approval of ELELYSO as Treatment of Type 1 Gaucher
- Wall Street bounces back after two-day Brexit rout
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Futures Orders Light of Views
- Short sellers ramp up bets against Tesla, SolarCity shares: S3 Partners
- Honeywell (HON) COO Adamczyk to Succeed Dave Cote as CEO
- After-Hours Stock Movers 06/28: (KMPH) (FUEL) Higher; (ESPR) (NKE) (ANTH) Lower (more...)
Protalix BioTherapeutics, Inc. (NYSE: PLX), has received a $25 million milestone payment from Pfizer Inc. as part of the companies' global commercial agreement for ELELYSO (taliglucerase alfa). This payment was triggered by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) approval of ELELYSO for the treatment of type 1 Gaucher disease on May 1, 2012. On November 30, 2009, Pfizer and Protalix entered into an exclusive license and supply agreement relating to the development and commercialization of ELELYSO. Under the terms of the agreement, Protalix granted Pfizer an exclusive, worldwide license to ELELYSO except in Israel. Except with respect to Protalix's commercialization efforts in Israel, Pfizer and Protalix share the revenues and expenses related to the worldwide commercialization of ELEYSO on a 60 percent/40 percent basis, respectively, with certain agreed upon limits on the amounts of shared expenses. Protalix retained exclusive commercialization rights to the Israeli market for ELELYSO, including all revenues and expenses. Upon signing the license and supply agreement in November 2009, Pfizer made an upfront payment of $60 million to Protalix and subsequently made a $5 million payment to Protalix upon Protalix's achievement of a performance milestone. On March 31, 2012, Protalix had cash and cash equivalents $45.6 million. On a proforma basis, including the receipt of the $25 million milestone payment for the approval of ELELYSO in the United States, cash and cash equivalents on March 31, 2012 would have been $70.6 million.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Endo Int'l (ENDP) Unit Receives New U.S. Patent Related to Vasostrict
- Cardiovascular Systems (CSII) to Pay $8M in Settlement with DOJ
- iCAD (ICAD) Announces Treatment of First Patient in Europe with Xoft Axxent eBx System
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!