Progressive Corp. (PGR) Net Premiums Earned Rose 13% in August 2016
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Progressive Corp. (NYSE: PGR) reported the following results for August 2016:
|(millions, except per share amounts and ratios; unaudited)||August||August||Change|
|Net premiums written||$||1,910.7||$||1,678.1||14 %|
|Net premiums earned||$||1,767.9||$||1,565.9||13 %|
|Net income attributable to Progressive||$||49.3||$||101.5||(51) %|
|Per share||$||0.08||$||0.17||(51) %|
|Total pretax net realized gains (losses) on securities|
|(including net impairment losses)||$||(29.3)||$||5.3||(653) %|
|Combined ratio||97.9||92.1||5.8 pts.|
|Average diluted equivalent shares||584.8||589.3||(1) %|
|Policies in Force|
|Agency - auto||4,971.4||4,736.1||5 %|
|Direct - auto||5,326.7||4,785.4||11 %|
|Total personal auto||10,298.1||9,521.5||8 %|
|Total special lines||4,292.0||4,154.6||3 %|
|Total Personal Lines||14,590.1||13,676.1||7 %|
|Total Commercial Lines||610.7||546.9||12 %|
|Property business||1,180.9||1,064.8||11 %|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
- Express (EXPR) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Comps Outpaced; FY16 EPS Outlook Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!