Progressive Corp. (PGR) Net Premiums Earned Rose 13% in August 2016
- Wall Street opens flat as investors assess earnings
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Progressive Corp. (NYSE: PGR) reported the following results for August 2016:
|(millions, except per share amounts and ratios; unaudited)||August||August||Change|
|Net premiums written||$||1,910.7||$||1,678.1||14 %|
|Net premiums earned||$||1,767.9||$||1,565.9||13 %|
|Net income attributable to Progressive||$||49.3||$||101.5||(51) %|
|Per share||$||0.08||$||0.17||(51) %|
|Total pretax net realized gains (losses) on securities|
|(including net impairment losses)||$||(29.3)||$||5.3||(653) %|
|Combined ratio||97.9||92.1||5.8 pts.|
|Average diluted equivalent shares||584.8||589.3||(1) %|
|Policies in Force|
|Agency - auto||4,971.4||4,736.1||5 %|
|Direct - auto||5,326.7||4,785.4||11 %|
|Total personal auto||10,298.1||9,521.5||8 %|
|Total special lines||4,292.0||4,154.6||3 %|
|Total Personal Lines||14,590.1||13,676.1||7 %|
|Total Commercial Lines||610.7||546.9||12 %|
|Property business||1,180.9||1,064.8||11 %|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Under Armour (UA) Offers Q4, Medium-Term Guidance
- Wabtec (WAB) Misses Q3 EPS by 5c; Cuts FY16 Outlook
- Caterpillar (CAT) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c, Sales Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!