Procter & Gamble's (PG) Gillette Files Lawsuit Against Edgewell Personal Care (EPC)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
The Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG), through its wholly owned subsidiary The Gillette Company, today filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in the Southern District of New York against Edgewell Personal Care (NYSE: EPC), a manufacturer of shaving products. The lawsuit focuses on Edgewell’s 3-bladed private label razors, which are sold in major retail outlets throughout the U.S. The complaint alleges deceptive acts and practices, false advertising, unfair competition, and patent infringement by Edgewell.
The lawsuit targets false claims made against Gillette MACH3®, one of the most iconic and trusted brands ever built in the shaving category. It also challenges multiple patent violations.
“We invest heavily in innovation - and our scientists work tirelessly to provide men with one of the best, most reliable shaving experiences in the world,” said Deborah P. Majoras, chief legal officer of P&G. “When a competitor makes false and misleading claims against one of our products and infringes our patents, it’s unfair to consumers, and to our employees and shareholders, and we will challenge those violations.”
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Receives Adverse Decision in Texas Hip Implants Case; Will Pay $1B
- Teleflex (TFX) to Acquire Vascular Solutions (VASC) in $1B Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!