ProPhase Labs (PRPH) Reports Positive Verdict in Ongoing Phosphagenics Arbitration
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
ProPhase Labs, Inc. (Nasdaq: PRPH) reported that the arbitration case that has been ongoing since October 2014 with Phosphagenics, Inc. and Phosphagenics, LTD (collectively, "Phosphagenics) in connection with the Phusion joint venture has been resolved and is now concluded.
The arbitrator rejected all of the counterclaims asserted by Phosphagenics that ProPhase pay damages to Phosphagenics. The arbitrator also awarded to ProPhase recovery of approximately $350,000 (net of the payment of certain wind down expenses) that had been invested in the Phusion joint venture entity; terminated the intellectual property license that had been granted to Phusion from Phosphagenics; and directed the wind down and termination of Phusion Laboratories LLC, the joint venture entity.
Ted Karkus, CEO of ProPhase Labs, stated, "I am pleased that this dispute and the costs associated with the Phusion project and arbitration expenses are now fully behind us. We will recover approximately $350,000, and more importantly, the distractions, costs and obligations to participate in the JV are behind us."
Mr. Karkus added that "Although the Phusion venture seemed promising at the time it was launched, we now can devote our resources and attention to projects and products where we own 100% of the value we create."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Announces Filing Regulatory Submission with EMA for FF/UMEC/VI as COPD Treatment
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Director Mnuchin Resigns Amid Trump Nod
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!