Pre-Paid Legal (PPD) Received Draft Complaint from FTC Relating to ITSADRS Program
- Market Wrap: Bernanke Baffles Markets; Tesla Off the Hook; H-P Stuns Street
- Hewlett-Packard Company (HPQ) Tops Q2 EPS by 6c as Sales Slide 10%
- Number of FOMC Members Willing to Taper as Early as June Meeting
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 05/22: (HPQ) (PSUN) (PETM) Higher; (APRI) (DRYS) (EGHT)
- Short Sellers See the Light (HLF) (FSLR) (NFLX) (TLSA)
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. (NYSE: PPD) announced that on November 18, 2009, we received a proposed draft complaint from the Federal Trade Commission seeking permanent injunctive relief, disgorgement of proceeds and other relief, including costs, relating to our Identity Theft Shield and Affirmative Defense Response System Program. The proposed draft complaint alleges our ADRS program and related materials violate Section 5(a) of the FTC Act regarding asserted misleading representations, express or implied. The proposed draft complaint also names Harland Stonecipher, our Chief Executive Officer, and Mark Brown, our Chief Marketing Officer, as defendants. We previously received a Civil Investigative Demand from the FTC on March 23, 2007 on the ADRS program. We have made voluntary revisions to the marketing materials originally provided to the FTC in 2007 and 2009. The FTC may decide to commence federal court proceedings with this proposed draft complaint. The ultimate outcome of the matter is not determinable but we will vigorously defend our interests in this matter.
You May Also Be Interested In
- LRAD Corp, (LRAD), Iroquois Master Fund Enter Settlement
- China Armco (CNAM) Enters Long-Term Contract w/ CNBM International Corp
- J. C. Penney (JCP) Enters $2.25B Secured Term Loan Facility
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!