Pre-Paid Legal (PPD) Received Draft Complaint from FTC Relating to ITSADRS Program
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump takes office
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. (NYSE: PPD) announced that on November 18, 2009, we received a proposed draft complaint from the Federal Trade Commission seeking permanent injunctive relief, disgorgement of proceeds and other relief, including costs, relating to our Identity Theft Shield and Affirmative Defense Response System Program. The proposed draft complaint alleges our ADRS program and related materials violate Section 5(a) of the FTC Act regarding asserted misleading representations, express or implied. The proposed draft complaint also names Harland Stonecipher, our Chief Executive Officer, and Mark Brown, our Chief Marketing Officer, as defendants. We previously received a Civil Investigative Demand from the FTC on March 23, 2007 on the ADRS program. We have made voluntary revisions to the marketing materials originally provided to the FTC in 2007 and 2009. The FTC may decide to commence federal court proceedings with this proposed draft complaint. The ultimate outcome of the matter is not determinable but we will vigorously defend our interests in this matter.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Interpace Diagnostics (IDXG) Enters $4M Common Stock Securities Purchase Agreement
- Valhi, Inc. (VHI) Names Robert D. Graham as President and CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!