Pre-Paid Legal (PPD) Received Draft Complaint from FTC Relating to ITSADRS Program
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. (NYSE: PPD) announced that on November 18, 2009, we received a proposed draft complaint from the Federal Trade Commission seeking permanent injunctive relief, disgorgement of proceeds and other relief, including costs, relating to our Identity Theft Shield and Affirmative Defense Response System Program. The proposed draft complaint alleges our ADRS program and related materials violate Section 5(a) of the FTC Act regarding asserted misleading representations, express or implied. The proposed draft complaint also names Harland Stonecipher, our Chief Executive Officer, and Mark Brown, our Chief Marketing Officer, as defendants. We previously received a Civil Investigative Demand from the FTC on March 23, 2007 on the ADRS program. We have made voluntary revisions to the marketing materials originally provided to the FTC in 2007 and 2009. The FTC may decide to commence federal court proceedings with this proposed draft complaint. The ultimate outcome of the matter is not determinable but we will vigorously defend our interests in this matter.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- UPDATE: Global Eagle Entertainment (ENT) to Obtain New Credit Facilities; Company in Discussions to Acquire Related Business, Satellite Transponders
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!