Pre-Paid Legal (PPD) Received Draft Complaint from FTC Relating to ITSADRS Program
- Top 10 News for 5/26 - 5/29: Charter, Time Warner Cable Formally Enter Deal; Revised Q1 GDP Tops Tempered Expectations
- Humana (HUM) Said to Consider Sale Amid Receipt of Takeover Interest
- U.S. GDP Fell 0.7% in Q1 Amid Weaker Goods Exports, Business Investment - 2nd Est.
- Equinix (EQIX) to Acquire TelecityGroup in $3.6B Deal
- Merck (MRK) Issues Positive Update on KEYTRUDA Phase 2 in Colorectal Cancer, Other Solid Tumors
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. (NYSE: PPD) announced that on November 18, 2009, we received a proposed draft complaint from the Federal Trade Commission seeking permanent injunctive relief, disgorgement of proceeds and other relief, including costs, relating to our Identity Theft Shield and Affirmative Defense Response System Program. The proposed draft complaint alleges our ADRS program and related materials violate Section 5(a) of the FTC Act regarding asserted misleading representations, express or implied. The proposed draft complaint also names Harland Stonecipher, our Chief Executive Officer, and Mark Brown, our Chief Marketing Officer, as defendants. We previously received a Civil Investigative Demand from the FTC on March 23, 2007 on the ADRS program. We have made voluntary revisions to the marketing materials originally provided to the FTC in 2007 and 2009. The FTC may decide to commence federal court proceedings with this proposed draft complaint. The ultimate outcome of the matter is not determinable but we will vigorously defend our interests in this matter.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ITT Educational Services (ESI) Issues Response to U.S. Senator Richard Durbin
- Marathon Partners Sends Letter to Shutterfly (SFLY) Board; Comments on Recent Proxy Contest Settlement Talks
- OPKO Health (OPK) Announces Submission of NDA to U.S. FDA for Oral Rayaldee
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!