Pre-Paid Legal (PPD) Received Draft Complaint from FTC Relating to ITSADRS Program
- Banks drag Wall Street lower as growth fears, rate outlook weigh
- AIG (AIG) Misses Q4 EPS by 19c; Raises Buyback to $5B, Announces Dividend Increase
- CBS Corp. (CBS) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- JPMorgan's Dimon buys more than $25 million of company stock: source
- After-Hours Stock Movers 02/11: (GRPN) (COLM) (ELLI) Higher; (NUS) (SCSS) (ATVI) Lower (more...)
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. (NYSE: PPD) announced that on November 18, 2009, we received a proposed draft complaint from the Federal Trade Commission seeking permanent injunctive relief, disgorgement of proceeds and other relief, including costs, relating to our Identity Theft Shield and Affirmative Defense Response System Program. The proposed draft complaint alleges our ADRS program and related materials violate Section 5(a) of the FTC Act regarding asserted misleading representations, express or implied. The proposed draft complaint also names Harland Stonecipher, our Chief Executive Officer, and Mark Brown, our Chief Marketing Officer, as defendants. We previously received a Civil Investigative Demand from the FTC on March 23, 2007 on the ADRS program. We have made voluntary revisions to the marketing materials originally provided to the FTC in 2007 and 2009. The FTC may decide to commence federal court proceedings with this proposed draft complaint. The ultimate outcome of the matter is not determinable but we will vigorously defend our interests in this matter.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Boeing (BA) May Face SEC Investigation of Dreamliner, 747 Accounting
- Mentor Graphics (MENT) Receives Positive Appeals Court Ruling v. Synopsys in Patent Dispute
- RedHill Biopharma (RDHL) Completes BEKINDA 12 mg PK Study; IND Submitted to FDA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!