Post Holdings (POST) Agrees to Acquire National Pasteurized Eggs
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Post Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: POST) announced it has agreed to acquire National Pasteurized Eggs, Inc. (“NPE”).
NPE is a producer of pasteurized shell eggs, including all-natural, cage-free and hard boiled eggs. Its patented in-shell pasteurization process allows for commercial-scale production of pasteurized eggs. NPE operates three egg production facilities located in Illinois, Iowa and South Dakota and distributes its products nationwide, serving the foodservice, retail and international channels. Upon completion of the acquisition, NPE will be combined with Post’s existing Michael Foods egg business.
“This transaction continues our effort at building upon Michael Foods’ best-in-class egg foodservice business,” said Rob Vitale, Post’s President and CEO.
Post anticipates completing the acquisition early in its first quarter of fiscal 2017, subject to customary closing conditions, including the expiration of waiting periods required under antitrust laws. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Lazard Middle Market served as financial advisor to NPE on the transaction.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Air Products (APD) Sends Letter Outlining Terms of Preliminary, Non-binding Indication of Interest to Acquire Yingde
- Seagate Technology (STX) Appoints Mark Adams to Board of Directors
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesLazard, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!