Post Holdings (POST) Agrees to Acquire National Pasteurized Eggs
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Post Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: POST) announced it has agreed to acquire National Pasteurized Eggs, Inc. (“NPE”).
NPE is a producer of pasteurized shell eggs, including all-natural, cage-free and hard boiled eggs. Its patented in-shell pasteurization process allows for commercial-scale production of pasteurized eggs. NPE operates three egg production facilities located in Illinois, Iowa and South Dakota and distributes its products nationwide, serving the foodservice, retail and international channels. Upon completion of the acquisition, NPE will be combined with Post’s existing Michael Foods egg business.
“This transaction continues our effort at building upon Michael Foods’ best-in-class egg foodservice business,” said Rob Vitale, Post’s President and CEO.
Post anticipates completing the acquisition early in its first quarter of fiscal 2017, subject to customary closing conditions, including the expiration of waiting periods required under antitrust laws. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Lazard Middle Market served as financial advisor to NPE on the transaction.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carlyle's (CG) LDiscovery to Acquire Kroll Ontrack in $410M Deal
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesLazard, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!