Post Holdings (POST) Agrees to Acquire National Pasteurized Eggs
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Post Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: POST) announced it has agreed to acquire National Pasteurized Eggs, Inc. (“NPE”).
NPE is a producer of pasteurized shell eggs, including all-natural, cage-free and hard boiled eggs. Its patented in-shell pasteurization process allows for commercial-scale production of pasteurized eggs. NPE operates three egg production facilities located in Illinois, Iowa and South Dakota and distributes its products nationwide, serving the foodservice, retail and international channels. Upon completion of the acquisition, NPE will be combined with Post’s existing Michael Foods egg business.
“This transaction continues our effort at building upon Michael Foods’ best-in-class egg foodservice business,” said Rob Vitale, Post’s President and CEO.
Post anticipates completing the acquisition early in its first quarter of fiscal 2017, subject to customary closing conditions, including the expiration of waiting periods required under antitrust laws. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Lazard Middle Market served as financial advisor to NPE on the transaction.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PRGX Global (PRGX) to Acquire SaaS P2P SIM Service Provider Lavante
- T-Mobile seen as top target following AT&T-Time Warner deal
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) Won't Bid for Viacom (VIAB)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesLazard, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!