Pluristem (PSTI) Receives Approval to Commence PLX-PAD Phase II in Germany
- Janet Yellen Jackson Hole Speech; Rate Hike Case has Strengthened
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 8/26: (EGLE) (PSG) (PQ) Higher; (ESI) (ACET) (CORI) Lower
- Wall Street declines after Fischer's hawkish stance on rates
- Apollo Global to Acquire Rackspace (RAX) in $4.3B Deal
- Icahn Shopped Herbalife (HLF) Stake to Ackman Group
Pluristem Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: PSTI) announced that the Paul-Ehrlich-Institute (PEI), the medical regulatory body for biological medicinal products for the Federal Republic of Germany, has approved the company's request to initiate a Phase II study using PLX-PAD cells in patients suffering from Intermittent Claudication (IC). IC is a subset of Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD). According to The SAGE Group and HCUP 2007 Inpatient Data, the prevalence of IC in the United States is approximately 14 million patients, representing a cost of approximately $2.5 billion annually to the healthcare system.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TG Therapeutics (TGTX) Announces Receipt of FDA Orphan Drug Designation for TG-1101 as NMO, NMOSD Treatment
- ITT Educational Services (ESI) Received ED Letter from U.S. Dept. of Education; Says Sanctions, Requirements Imposed
- SpartanNash (SPTN) Names New Accounting Chief
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!