Pluristem (PSTI) Receives Approval to Commence PLX-PAD Phase II in Germany
- Top 10 News for 6/27 - 7/1: Markets Rebound Following Brexit Fall; US Banks Gain on Stress Test Results; Tesla Under Fire Following Accident
- Wall St. ends higher for fourth straight day
- Harley-Davidson (HOG) Says Subject of Various Rumors; Won't Comment on Latest Speculation
- NHTSA Probes Tesla (TSLA) After Fatal Model S Autopilot Crash
- Caution: Wall Street Rumor Mill in Overdrive
Pluristem Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: PSTI) announced that the Paul-Ehrlich-Institute (PEI), the medical regulatory body for biological medicinal products for the Federal Republic of Germany, has approved the company's request to initiate a Phase II study using PLX-PAD cells in patients suffering from Intermittent Claudication (IC). IC is a subset of Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD). According to The SAGE Group and HCUP 2007 Inpatient Data, the prevalence of IC in the United States is approximately 14 million patients, representing a cost of approximately $2.5 billion annually to the healthcare system.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Spark Therapeutics (ONCE) Reports Publication of Positive Follow-Up Data from Phase 1 Trial of Voretigene Neparvovec
- UPDATE: Mesoblast (MESO) Plans Early Readout on Phase 3 Chronic Heart Failure Trial
- Akamai Technologies (AKAM) Receives Positive Verdict in Limelight Networks (LLNW) Spat; Awarded ~$51M in Damages
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!