Pieris Pharma (PIRS) Says It Presented Positive Data for Lead Drug Candidate PRS-343
- Oil edges up ahead of U.S. data, OPEC squabbles cap gains
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Visa (V) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Rambus (RMBS) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Issues Q4 Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/24: (SAEX) (CWEI) (RMBS) Higher; (SONC) (WNC) (EFII) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: PIRS) announced that it has today presented new preclinical data demonstrating in vivo efficacy of its lead 4-1BB (CD137)-based bispecific cancer immunotherapeutic drug candidate, PRS-343, at the 2016 CRI-CIMT-AACR International Cancer Immunotherapy Conference - Translating Science into Survival, taking place in New York City.
The in vivo data show that treatment of HER2-positive tumor-bearing animals with PRS-343 provided dose-dependent, dual anti-tumor activity by increasing the frequency of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes via bispecific targeting of 4-1BB and HER2, as well as mediating tumor growth inhibition by direct antagonism of HER2 on tumor cells. In contrast, an agonistic anti-4-1BB benchmark monoclonal antibody (mAb) displayed neither tumor growth inhibition nor enhanced lymphocyte infiltration into tumors compared to an isotype control mAb, but preferentially activated T cells systemically, resulting in significant toxicity. A copy of the poster can be viewed and downloaded by clicking http://www.pieris.com/pirs-cri-poster-2016.
Louis Matis, M.D., Pieris SVP and Chief Development Officer, commented, "These new data support a differentiated mode of action for PRS-343 and demonstrate the potential benefits of tumor microenvironment-localized costimulatory T cell activation for both reduced systemic toxicity and higher efficacy in comparison to conventional agonistic anti-4-1BB mAbs. We look forward to the initiation of our phase 1 clinical trial of PRS-343 for the treatment of cancer patients planned for the first half of 2017."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Appoints New Chief Restructuring Officer
- Providence Service (PRSC) to Sell Majority Stake in Matrix Medical Network
- UPDATE: Analogic (ALOG) CEO Green Resigns; Successor Named
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!