Pieris Pharma (PIRS) Receives Milestone Related to GLP Toxicity Study Initiation
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: PIRS) announced the achievement of a success-based milestone payment in its R&D collaboration with Daiichi Sankyo Company, Limited ("Daiichi Sankyo"), headquartered in Tokyo. Specifically, the milestone was triggered by Daiichi Sankyo's decision to initiate a GLP toxicity study in non-human primates. In 2014, Pieris transferred the program to Daiichi Sankyo, who is responsible for further development of the program. Beyond this program, Daiichi Sankyo is currently pursuing an additional Anticalin-based program (DS-9001, anti-PCSK9) for dyslipidemia, which is in the clinical stage of development.
"Today's news marks the ninth milestone payment within our collaboration with Daiichi Sankyo. In addition to the first program, DS-9001, this second program is reaching an exciting stage of development," commented Stephen Yoder, President and CEO of Pieris. "With our Anticalin drug discovery platform, we have been able to create value through several partnered programs, which complement our growing pipeline of highly differentiated proprietary product candidates in immuno-oncology, asthma and other indications in attractive markets."
Under the terms of the 2011 agreement, Pieris receives committed research funding and payments for the achievement of research, preclinical, regulatory and commercial milestones. The partnership could encompass for Pieris more than EUR 100 million per program in license fees, funding and milestones, not including royalties on sales from marketed Anticalin proteins resulting from the collaboration. Daiichi Sankyo will have exclusive marketing rights worldwide for all such products.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Seagate Technology (STX) Appoints Mark Adams to Board of Directors
- Bioptix (BIOP) to Terminate Some Employees Associated with Acquisition of its Subsidiary
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!