Phillips 66 Partners (PSXP) to Acquire Chevron-Owned NGL Logistics Assets in South Louisiana
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Phillips 66 Partners LP (NYSE: PSXP) announced that an agreement has been reached for it to acquire a natural gas liquids (NGL) logistics system in southeast Louisiana currently owned by Chevron. The system includes approximately 500 miles of pipelines and a storage cavern connecting multiple fractionation facilities, refineries and a petrochemical facility.
“We are committed to a growth strategy that includes dropdowns from our sponsor Phillips 66, organic projects and third-party acquisitions,” said Tim Taylor, Phillips 66 Partners president. “This acquisition will expand the Partnership’s NGL footprint into the Louisiana market. The assets are strategically located and connect offshore production, local refineries and petrochemical facilities in south Louisiana while providing significant opportunities for fee-based growth.”
The acquisition includes the following assets:
- TENDS Pipeline System, an approximately 300-mile, bidirectional NGL pipeline system connected to third-party fractionators, refineries -- including the Phillips 66 Alliance Refinery -- and a petrochemical plant.
- VP Pipeline / EP Pipeline, approximately 200 miles of regulated pipelines that carry raw NGLs from a third-party natural gas processing plant to pipeline and fractionation infrastructure.
- Sorrento Cavern, a salt dome cavern with approximately 1.5 million barrels of NGL storage capacity located in Ascension Parish.
The Partnership expects earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) from the acquired assets to be approximately $25 million in 2017. The acquisition will be financed with cash and borrowings under the Partnership’s revolving credit facility.
The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2016 pending regulatory approvals.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Community Bank System (CBU) to Acquire Merchants Bancshares (MBVT) in ~$304M Deal
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 10/24: (T)/(TWX) (COL)/(BEAV) (GNW) (AMTD) (CBU)/(MBVT) (OASM)
- Cooper-standard Holdings (CPS) Prelim. Q3 Results Outpace Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!